Scorpicon Build Thread

StrizzyChris

No way I refused to paint the rubi shocks pink :grayno:

Oh common! Kitty deserves pink shocks ;)

I was going to try to find a snap on cap to protect the connector. Do you think Rigid lights would work off those wires?

I'm sure they would, but like all LEDs you'd have to wire in a resistor. Also the lights would only work when you switch the fog lamps on. I used a shopping bag to keep water out

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to try to find a snap on cap to protect the connector. Do you think Rigid lights would work off those wires?

I run my bar off a relay harness, but had a "custom" harness made that plugs right into those wires so that's what triggers the light bar which I love since I didn't need another switch. Inspiredengineering does make a plug and play kit for duallys that connects right to the stock wiring.

JKbrick

I run my bar off a relay harness, but had a "custom" harness made that plugs right into those wires so that's what triggers the light bar which I love since I didn't need another switch. Inspiredengineering does make a plug and play kit for duallys that connects right to the stock wiring.

Thank you for the info! I will get it ordered tonight. I really appreciate it. I wish I wasn't so damn picky about everything but I am so just look and look till I find what I need

StrizzyChris

so you have yours wired to the steering column and comes on only if you turn the fog lamp switch on?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
so you have yours wired to the steering column and comes on only if you turn the fog lamp switch on?

Correct, and also turns off when high beams are on so its technically legal for me to run as a fog light. I believe they do just sell the end wire connector as well so you can mod anything into the stock wiring, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:

pvanweelden

I'm sure they would, but like all LEDs you'd have to wire in a resistor. Also the lights would only work when you switch the fog lamps on. I used a shopping bag to keep water out

You don't need a resistor when putting leds on the factory fog light wires and switch.
You only need the resistor when adding leds to the turn signal circuit, because leds are so efficient compared to a bulb, the circuit doesn't see enough current draw, so it thinks a bulb has burned out. The resistor keeps the circuit from Going into the fast flashing indicating that a bulb has burned out.

StrizzyChris

With the help of Panda's garage Scorpion had a few adjustments made.

Tossed in the Rock Krawler front lower CAs and installed the Adams front DS

1401681392560.jpg

1401681406419.jpg

1401681417339.jpg

Also trimmed the rear fender well, rerouted the front brake lines, and adjusted the front coilover ride height.

DA RUNT

With the help of Panda's garage Scorpion had a few adjustments made.

Tossed in the Rock Krawler front lower CAs and installed the Adams front DS

Also trimmed the rear fender well, rerouted the front brake lines, and adjusted the front coilover ride height.

Looks great mon, welcome back to da states.

Top Bottom