Scorpicon Build Thread

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Bump Strizz :cheesy:

When we going to get those Coilovers installed (cough, cough) now that you're back in So Cal? :yup:

StrizzyChris

I actually slept for 8 hours after parking the RV in SoCal and began the 2200 mile drive to Ohio to visit my folks for a few weeks. We are enjoying the tropical weather of 17° and 6" of snow expected tonight....you know, just like the OC! :naw:

I'll hit you all up soon when we return :yup: :thumb:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I actually slept for 8 hours after parking the RV in SoCal and began the 2200 mile drive to Ohio to visit my folks for a few weeks. We are enjoying the tropical weather of 17° and 6" of snow expected tonight....you know, just like the OC! :naw:

Where in Ohio if you don't mind me asking?

JK's JK

Banned
You've owned CO's and not installed them.....What are you thinking man? :naw: If you not using them, I sure will.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Ah I see. Please do. At least for a beer and some BS'ing.

StrizzyChris

Ah I see. Please do. At least for a beer and some BS'ing.

...hopefully, within the next week, I'll be able to post more about my trip ;)

Where in Ohio if you don't mind me asking?

Preble County born and raised, went to school at Kent State University

You've owned CO's and not installed them.....What are you thinking man? :naw: If you not using them, I sure will.

Ive only owned(paid for) them before they were even released by EVO :)

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
...hopefully, within the next week, I'll be able to post more about my trip ;)

Preble County born and raised, went to school at Kent State University

Ive only owned(paid for) them before they were even released by EVO :)

Haha I went to kent too!! Not sure if we had this convo before or not. From mantua

StrizzyChris

Haha I went to kent too!! Not sure if we had this convo before or not. From mantua

Nope, I had no clue there were other Kent Alumni on here :rock: What year were you? I was a midyear grad and walked in Dec. 2007. Did you live in Kent or a commuter like 50% of the student body? I miss Rays, glory days, the Gyro cart outside the loft. My pic is on the wall in glory days(water street tavern)....needless to say I got around while I was there :crazyeyes: I have since calmed down quite a bit :sigh:

utiadam

LOSER
I have the Evo bolt on coilovers that Im waiting to install as well. I have the front coilovers, drag link flip, and currie front lower arms all ready. I still need to buy the rear coilover kit. What are you going to do about your wheels? I have the same wheels with the 1.5" spacers as well but I dont think they will work with the coilovers. Evo says 3.75" backspace or less (smaller number) for the bolt on coilover kit. From what Ive read I think the factory wheels are 6" backspace -1.5" which will be 4.5" backspace? Im hoping I can get away with it for a little while since I still have factory tires as well but you already have 35 x 12.50 right?

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I could only find recommendations about using 3.5" backspacing and one person who said 3.75" backspacing. I saw a member in the past (I think Atch), who ran AEV Pintlers(5.2" backspacing) with 1.5" spacers which equals 3.7" backspacing.

That being said, I don't see how it would REQUIRE 3.5" which is the same as the DTD, since its using the same axle side stock shock mounts. I know the upper bracket sticks out further than the stock shock, which is recessed into the bracket, combined with the coils but I would like to hear from others about their wheel setup other than slabs.

JAGS

Hooked
I could only find recommendations about using 3.5" backspacing and one person who said 3.75" backspacing. I saw a member in the past (I think Atch), who ran AEV Pintlers(5.2" backspacing) with 1.5" spacers which equals 3.7" backspacing.

That being said, I don't see how it would REQUIRE 3.5" which is the same as the DTD, since its using the same axle side stock shock mounts. I know the upper bracket sticks out further than the stock shock, which is recessed into the bracket, combined with the coils but I would like to hear from others about their wheel setup other than slabs.

Just curious why no slabs Chris?

- Jason

StrizzyChris

Because I already know that slabs are 3.5" BS and would work. I own a set of Slabs in 8lug pattern sitting and awaiting some PR60's

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Nope, I had no clue there were other Kent Alumni on here :rock: What year were you? I was a midyear grad and walked in Dec. 2007. Did you live in Kent or a commuter like 50% of the student body? I miss Rays, glory days, the Gyro cart outside the loft. My pic is on the wall in glory days(water street tavern)....needless to say I got around while I was there :crazyeyes: I have since calmed down quite a bit :sigh:

'08 Miami of Ohio here!

JAGS

Hooked
Because I already know that slabs are 3.5" BS and would work. I own a set of Slabs in 8lug pattern sitting and awaiting some PR60's

So just bored and want to know? Why not just get the 60s. 😉

Or go with a 4.5 backspaced wheel and a 1 inch spacer? Lot of wheel options will do this.

I'm assuming your trying to buy some time to run your coilovers without your slabs?

- Jason

Last edited:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug

Ohhhhh yea man know all those places. Water street was the place to be. I commuted and also lived just off campus in a duplex off summit for a while. I graduated 2012. I actually grew up in kent so it was nice to leave there haha. Are some things I miss.

utiadam

LOSER

I just checked the instructions and it doesn't mention an actual spec for back spacing. I checked the northridge page and they are the ones saying 3.75. I know Evolander has the bolt on coilover kit and is now running the new ATX chamber pro 2s which are 4.06" without spacers. Everyone I know with the bolt on kits have slabs so I'm just curious being that I'm at 4.5" right now
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393905310.330646.jpg
The coilover actually sits on the outside of the factory shock mount using a new bracket.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393905353.423856.jpg

StrizzyChris

'08 Miami of Ohio here!

Well I actually grew up about 20min north of there. We used to know a guy that we would give some cash and he always let us into Brick Street and 45 East when we were in high school. But just before moving to Cali 5 years ago I was somewhat of a regular at Mac & Joe's. :beer:

StrizzyChris

I'm assuming your trying to buy some time to run your coilovers without your slabs?

9077723-businessman-points-to-you-and-touches-his-nose--the-symbol-for-you-re-right--isolated-on-white.jpg

...and combining the needed adapters to run my 8 lug slabs on stock axle would make the BS almost 0 :eek:

Top Bottom