Show Off Your Guns!

BamBamDeer

Picked up a Lyman GPR in Flintlock. This is my first Rock Lock but won't be my last.

Attachments

• 1471219401170.jpg
    1471219401170.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 272

Sullivan

I love everything about this gun, except for the fact that it doesn't have an extended mag. Not a fan for having my pinky hanging off the gun.

It accepts full size Mags. Also can get a bumper for it so pinky fits.
But this is for my conceal carry. I don't want full size for that.

Hobolobo

Anybody have a Glock 30s? I'm looking at them and wanted some real world reviews. Not from some dude that makes a living out of shooting/reviewing guns.

Anybody have a Glock 30s? I'm looking at them and wanted some real world reviews. Not from some dude that makes a living out of shooting/reviewing guns.

Not a fan.

I suppose it depends on the purpose but if I were to purchase a .45 it would be a full size not a sub compact and it would be carried in a proper holster. Again depends on use I guess. Carried IWB concealed no way. Winter clothes with a jacket and carried on the hip I'd consider it but then again why not go with a G21.

Speaking with the experience and regret of purchasing a few compacts/sub compacts and coming to this realization.....

Hobolobo

Not a fan.

I suppose it depends on the purpose but if I were to purchase a .45 it would be a full size not a sub compact and it would be carried in a proper holster. Again depends on use I guess. Carried IWB concealed no way. Winter clothes with a jacket and carried on the hip I'd consider it but then again why not go with a G21.

Speaking with the experience and regret of purchasing a few compacts/sub compacts and coming to this realization.....

I'm just looking to replace my current carry gun (Ruger SR40C) with something similar. Not really a fan of 9mm. I'm not opposed to a full size 45, i just dont know what number glocks are what. Ill look in to the 21.

WJCO

Meme King

I'm just looking to replace my current carry gun (Ruger SR40C) with something similar. Not really a fan of 9mm. I'm not opposed to a full size 45, i just dont know what number glocks are what. Ill look in to the 21.

What's your reason for wanting to change? I carry IWB and have carried a bunch of different guns. I just recently got a ruger lcp 380 that is the most comfortable gun ever. Myself, I've found the glocks too bulky and wide, however I'm going off store fitting experience, I've never purchased one that I've carried around for a longer period of time.

Hobolobo

What's your reason for wanting to change? I carry IWB and have carried a bunch of different guns. I just recently got a ruger lcp 380 that is the most comfortable gun ever. Myself, I've found the glocks too bulky and wide, however I'm going off store fitting experience, I've never purchased one that I've carried around for a longer period of time.

Only reason is that because of how/where on my person I carry, sometimes the mag release will get pushed. When I take it off at the end of the day, the mag has dropped just enough to not cycle any more rounds. Other than that, its a great gun.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Only reason is that because of how/where on my person I carry, sometimes the mag release will get pushed. When I take it off at the end of the day, the mag has dropped just enough to not cycle any more rounds. Other than that, its a great gun.

If that is your biggest concern I would highly suggest a Walther ppq mod 1 in 40 or 9mm. I know you said big a fan of 9mm but they have come a long way in the past 10 years. A ppq in 9mm is my daily carry gun. Also an hk usp would be good. Both of these options have trigger gaurd mag release. I have the same issue with the magazine being released.

Hobolobo

If that is your biggest concern I would highly suggest a Walther ppq mod 1 in 40 or 9mm. I know you said big a fan of 9mm but they have come a long way in the past 10 years. A ppq in 9mm is my daily carry gun. Also an hk usp would be good. Both of these options have trigger gaurd mag release. I have the same issue with the magazine being released.

Ill check those out. Thanks. Good to know im not the only one with that problem.

Im confused. Do you mean keyholing in the traditional use (bullet hole on paper is bigger than diameter, indicating a tumbling/unstabilized round in flight? Or do you mean shooting cloverleafs/stacking rounds (single hole) shooting, in the positive sense?

Not to be annoying if I am missing your meaning, but if you actually mean that you were keyholing rounds, definitely get that figured out before you throw a can on there. I dont doubt Sig's warranty, but if your rifle cannot stabilize the bullets without the can, its a recipe for baffle strikes, and I dont think the Sig cans have replaceable front end caps, much less baffles...

And you will love a can. I dont have a 300WM, but love them on other rifle rounds.

Putting 3 round groups touching is what I meant by keyholing, should have clarified a bit more. Still waiting on the form to come back for my can, hopefully next month or so. I did pick up a new blaster though and boy is she a doozy. Barret 98b chambered in 338 Lapua, and boy am I stoked. Always wanted one and finally getting it.

Attachments

• 1471459841397.jpg
    1471459841397.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 274

Hobolobo

Thanks for all the advice guys. After shooting the Glock 30s, I realized that that is not enough gun for a .45 bullet. I checked out all the other models suggested and almost bought a HK usp in .40, but was a little hung up on the price. Sitting off in the corner however was a lightly used (cant tell by looking at it) Glock 23 for a steal. I couldn't pass it up so i bought my first Glock. Now I don't have to open cary the 1911.

tl;dr: I bought a Glock 23.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Love the glock 23. You'll love it. Another one I have my eye on is the fns 9c. Size wise it's inbetween the glock 19/23 and the subcompacts.

When you get the suppressor on, can you post some video? I've thought about putting one on my 300 Win Mag as well. Save my ears while hunting.

Check out Griffin Armament they make a can that will do .300 Win Mag down to .22LR. Its also user serviceable so it will last longer. Its the can I'm saving for as it will do all of my riffles and some of my pistols.

Calebrink

One of the uh........... Let's just say 'many'. May be fairly new to jeepin but this is my area of expertise!! Lol.

LMT MWS chambered in 308
US optics SN3 3.2-17
Cerokote in coyote tan
JP enterprises captured buffer
Timney set at 3lbs ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472843484.374035.jpg

Check out Griffin Armament they make a can that will do .300 Win Mag down to .22LR. Its also user serviceable so it will last longer. Its the can I'm saving for as it will do all of my riffles and some of my pistols.

The reason I went with the sig can was because of the price I can score it for, I work with a Sig premium dealer so for cost I got a screaming deal and couldn't pass it up

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Putting 3 round groups touching is what I meant by keyholing, should have clarified a bit more. Still waiting on the form to come back for my can, hopefully next month or so. I did pick up a new blaster though and boy is she a doozy. Barret 98b chambered in 338 Lapua, and boy am I stoked. Always wanted one and finally getting it.

Just noticed this one. NICE. have you taken it out yet?

Sigma05

2806DCA5-9487-4B21-9105-5DBC975EB230.jpg

Range day with the CZ Scorpion Evo3 and Glock 34.

Top Bottom