SHOW us the SNOW!!

Brute

Hooked
Did you find anything on the other side of the mountain?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Put a pair of foot longs ( a bow & a cuttie) in the net...had one nice big bow on for about 5 minutes, walked down the river to try and land it...it went into a deep pool and tried to go under a log. I had it close twice...then when it dove for the log, I put more pressure on it, and the 5x tied to a 18 soft hackle parted (it was trailing a tungsten bead stone)...had the river all to my self, saw a couple hiking along the river on snow shoes. The trail back to the lodge I am staying at is about a mile from the river...uphill, climbing about a thousand feet...in the snow. When I got back to my room, I popped open a beer and almost passed out...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s a well deserved brew. Remember the good old days of felt bottomed waders and hiking through the snow?!? Each foot would have weighed 50 pounds by the time you reached the lodge.

Sounds like a beautiful day on the river

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
That’s a well deserved brew. Remember the good old days of felt bottomed waders and hiking through the snow?!? Each foot would have weighed 50 pounds by the time you reached the lodge.

Sounds like a beautiful day on the river

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I left the felt soles at home...I did make the mistake of wearing them once when there was snow in the ground...learned my lesson.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I left the felt soles at home...I did make the mistake of wearing them once when there was snow in the ground...learned my lesson.

For years, that’s all we wore until the risk of transferring invasive species became known and a concern. But the really did suck in the winter.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom