Silver Lake Round 2 and then some

Clark Griswold

Yeah me and a buddy with a JKU spent the whole day a couple weekends ago wheeling in Allegan MI. I live less than a mile from the border and it is amazing how much nicer the terrain is in MI.

Clark Griswold

Yeah I'm about 45mins away, have tried to go there twice but the wait was too long and it was too hot, I will not give up though here too many good things about it.

JKbrick

Yeah I'm about 45mins away, have tried to go there twice but the wait was too long and it was too hot, I will not give up though here too many good things about it.

My wife's family is originally from Laporte and she wanted to go last summer so we took the top off of brick and made a day of it, it was good

Mitrig

All packed and ready, decieced to be lazy and just park inside so I pull out the expedition and drive in. The hood makes it in and I hear wack. I get out and realize I'm too high to fit. -_- so now I have to re adjust all my lights again. The struggle is real

Clark Griswold

I will be leaving mid Friday morning arriving late morning or early afternoon to get set up at the camp site. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect. Looking forward to it.

Mitrig

Sitting in class dying to just leave and start the drive there.

Btw does everyone have recovery gear? If not we can put a set together based in what we all have

CedarRaider

2 straps & d rings. My first trip I got hooked on a dead stump in the dunes. Haven't had a problem since. Air pressure goes a long way too.

Mitrig

Bringing this threw back to life with a little update. 1: all the videos from the go pro were up loaded to Dropbox but to my school account and I didn't notice that till today(my fault) and 2 a friend of mine just picked up his jku and wants to go to the sand dunes before the season ends so we are booking work off and it happens to be out reading week so we got lucky.

The plan is to go the 17-19 of this month. (October) same as last time really, spend the day do some trails, relax and kick back on last time till the season opens next time. Picked up some new mods so itching to try them all out. Seeing how they help.

Clark Griswold

I won't be able to make it, my travel schedule is nuts now for October and I have committed myself to be a pit crew member for my oldest sons marching band which has competitions every weekend through the end of November. What new mods did you pick up George?

Mitrig

That's too bad but family and work comes first. You'll have a good time or at least pretend to ahha. Yea going to try to get a few rigs out there again it will be nice I have one coming with me on the drive up doubt I'll take Jenns with us unless I tow it out there.

Building a few rear bumper. Similar set up to the Evo frame shackle set up with a facia. Except I'm keeping the passenger side shackle with a drop port for the tire carrier I was to build next. It would pretty much be integrated into the frame on both sides. That and I picked up a reserve gas tank I'll be installing after my new body lift goes on. Really pushing to get sliders finally aswell.

Then I'll be firing off new tires finally. Then going for the same suspension set up Matt had, nice 3.5 ish 2 inch body lift. But that mod won't happen till graduation this year.

CedarRaider

Sounds line a fun time. I won't be able to make it. Got lots of family stuff going on. My brother is trying to get his brewery up and running for the restaurant and pops is hounding me to take time off for hunting so I'm going to be busy. I'm really looking forward to next year though. Make sure to bring warm blankets too it's been pretty cold at night dropping into the low 40s and into the 30s in spots.

Mitrig

Yea hunting season is upon us now, and a brewery eh!? That's nifty all the best to him. Guess we will have to visit your neck of the woods sometime. Too bad you guys can't make it out we got a copy of the local trail book and planing to do 2 trails on the way home.

I can not wait till next time we all head out. Juan is getting his stuff organized an I am slowly convincing him to buy a jeep. Jenns jeep is getting finished up right now. It'll be great to see you guys and the rigs next trip. Would be nice to get a few more jku's In the convoy. Jks are out numbered by cjs and yjs this time

Top Bottom