Smokers, grills, and the B-B-Qs

bthomas

Since we're posting dream grills, here's mine...
This is a pic I lifted off the interwebs, I haven't seen it in person.
IMG_0175.jpg

And for the thread, I have a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone pellet burner. I'm still figuring it out, I've had an incredible Tri Tip, some really good ribs, and mediocre everything else. I'll just say my trusty old Weber kettle isn't going anywhere just yet...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Since we're posting dream grills, here's mine...
This is a pic I lifted off the interwebs, I haven't seen it in person.
View attachment 237102

And for the thread, I have a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone pellet burner. I'm still figuring it out, I've had an incredible Tri Tip, some really good ribs, and mediocre everything else. I'll just say my trusty old Weber kettle isn't going anywhere just yet...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is sweet!

WJCO

Meme King
I'm looking at picking up a Traeger, 20% off. I've never smoked any meats before. Is it as easy as they claim?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've never used one like that, but if it's like any other charcoal smoker, it's pretty easy. You just soak the wood chips (I leave them soaking over night). Then you put them on the hot coals. The only mistakes you can really make is undercooking or overcooking. Most meats will only absorb the smoke flavor for about 2-3 hours. So after that, it's just a matter of waiting until the meat hits the right temperature. There's a lot of online resources, but I've found experience will be your best learning tool. And I use rubs now everytime. Putting a rub on makes a huge difference.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I've never used one like that, but if it's like any other charcoal smoker, it's pretty easy. You just soak the wood chips (I leave them soaking over night). Then you put them on the hot coals. The only mistakes you can really make is undercooking or overcooking. Most meats will only absorb the smoke flavor for about 2-3 hours. So after that, it's just a matter of waiting until the meat hits the right temperature. There's a lot of online resources, but I've found experience will be your best learning tool. And I use rubs now everytime. Putting a rub on makes a huge difference.

Traegers are pellet smokers. Fill the hopper, set the temp and go for it. Crazy easy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom