Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Discount Tire

Smoked some pulled pork last weekend.

Tomorrow I'm taking a stab at pork belly burnt ends :rock:

20180909_142624_zpsuqucegzz.jpg

Discount Tire

We failed to take any after pics for some reason, but they turned out pretty darn good! We used brown sugar, butter, and honey for a glaze :yup:

Next time I'll cube them into smaller chunks because they didn't render down as much as I thought they would.

FB_IMG_1540150878499_zps6ns6dtue.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
My wife and I are planning a pre-Thanksgiving gathering at our house. I was thinking of smoking a turkey for the occasion. I'm looking for opinions and economical smoker options. I was a kid the last time I helped smoke a turkey in a Brinkmann smoker, charcoal and chips. Things have advanced a lot since then. I'm not sure how often I'd use it. I can see maybe a couple times a year (time is always limited..haha) to begin with but could turn into more. Any help and opinions are much appreciated.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
My wife and I are planning a pre-Thanksgiving gathering at our house. I was thinking of smoking a turkey for the occasion. I'm looking for opinions and economical smoker options. I was a kid the last time I helped smoke a turkey in a Brinkmann smoker, charcoal and chips. Things have advanced a lot since then. I'm not sure how often I'd use it. I can see maybe a couple times a year (time is always limited..haha) to begin with but could turn into more. Any help and opinions are much appreciated.

Get a Traeger! You’ll love it. Just got this in so I can throw down a mean bird. This year will be my first turkey i smoke so I can’t wait! IMG_2093.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Traeger is not really economical and personally I’m not too happy with my Junior and the way it controls low temps. Might get a PID controller to combat that. But if you want to build an economical smoker, look into a UDS. I think I built mine for less than $50 total. And flavor-wise would take it over my Traeger hands down. It’s just more work but I enjoy it. I use the Traeger all the time in place of my gas grill due to it being so easy and flavor being good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom