Snorkel? Or Snorkel!

Sokymike

Ok so let's be clear I'm simply saying that in the event I choose to go burry my jeep in a mud whole , a sand pit, drop it off a mountain, set it on fire, or anything else that's my business and as far as butt hurt I could care less. I'm saying that your "community" could be a little more understanding that there's a huge variety of driving styles and terrains that we all enjoy. Plus like 99% of what any off-roader is out doing is probably idiotic and or moronic depending on your perspective. But this is the point where I walk away from this particular argument as not to encourage the "butt hurt" responses. As far as snorkels go I don't run one but if I could find one I liked I would simply because I think it would be a good precaution.... Have a nice day

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Ok so let's be clear I'm simply saying that in the event I choose to go burry my jeep in a mud whole , a sand pit, drop it off a mountain, set it on fire, or anything else that's my business and as far as butt hurt I could care less. I'm saying that your "community" could be a little more understanding that there's a huge variety of driving styles and terrains that we all enjoy. Plus like 99% of what any off-roader is out doing is probably idiotic and or moronic depending on your perspective. But this is the point where I walk away from this particular argument as not to encourage the "butt hurt" responses. As far as snorkels go I don't run one but if I could find one I liked I would simply because I think it would be a good precaution.... Have a nice day

Dude, they're just fucking around with you. Just laugh it off and everything will be fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so let's be clear I'm simply saying that in the event I choose to go burry my jeep in a mud whole , a sand pit, drop it off a mountain, set it on fire, or anything else that's my business

And, nobody is trying to suggest otherwise. :thinking:

...and as far as butt hurt I could care less.

Funny, you seemed to have cared enough to chime in and now respond again. :idontknow:

I'm saying that your "community" could be a little more understanding that there's a huge variety of driving styles and terrains that we all enjoy.

And I'm saying that "YOU" could be a little more understanding of the fact that this is a REAL "community" where people have different opinions. Just because you don't like the one I might have doesn't mean that I would somehow no longer want you to be a part of this one.

Plus like 99% of what any off-roader is out doing is probably idiotic and or moronic depending on your perspective.

Imagine that, something that we can both agree on! :shock:

But this is the point where I walk away from this particular argument as not to encourage the "butt hurt" responses.

Funny, I missed the part where anyone was "arguing" but, there were definitely a few grown men butthurt over a whole lot of nothing for sure. :yup:

As far as snorkels go I don't run one but if I could find one I liked I would simply because I think it would be a good precaution.... Have a nice day

And really, there's nothing wrong with that.

Have a nice day :cool:

JAGS

Hooked
Oh oh. I have an opinion, can I play now.

So many people caring what others think about how they wheel. Honestly, wtfc!!!

I hate the look of snorkels, especially being in CA. After reading this thread, I actually learned a snorkel does nothing to protect the rest of your engine.

Lastly, none of us give each other allowance, so go spend your money however you wish. And quit worrying what other people online might think.

Skid_Kid

Oh oh. I have an opinion, can I play now.

So many people caring what others think about how they wheel. Honestly, wtfc!!!

I hate the look of snorkels, especially being in CA. After reading this thread, I actually learned a snorkel does nothing to protect the rest of your engine.

Lastly, none of us give each other allowance, so go spend your money however you wish. And quit worrying what other people online might think.

But you constantly worry what other people think....... Hahahahaha

JAGS

Hooked
I heard you bought a Jeep just to make friends. AND you take all the bypasses. That true?

Guilty. Guess I'm not as stealth as i thought.

Haven't made (m)any friends yet, but have successfully taken ALL the bypasses. It's only been 3 years so there is still time for friend I guess. Ha ha.

Commandojk13

I love you guys!! Joining this was the 4th best decision I have made about jeep.
1st:buying a jeep
2nd:taking it off road
3rd:taking the back seat out and enjoying my gf's company under stars. cough cough ok making the jeep rock back and fourth. lol
4th: joining this community.

I have a long list of other parts I want to buy, if I ever run out of things to buy of more importance maybe I will buy a snorkel for the hell of it. most likely not though.
you guys are hilarious.

LeighP

Having read the last three pages, I just wanted to add....

I have an opinion........I like my snorkel, its big and bold and everyone can see I'm a real 4WDer. Actually, its for the RAM effect, sort of a poor man's (and thats certainly me) supercharger....if I could just get my JK to go fast enough..... :doh:
Sorry, I hope no one hurts themselves tripping over the sarcasm in this post...... :thinking: ;)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Having read the last three pages, I just wanted to add....

I have an opinion........I like my snorkel, its big and bold and everyone can see I'm a real 4WDer. Actually, its for the RAM effect, sort of a poor man's (and thats certainly me) supercharger....if I could just get my JK to go fast enough..... :doh:
Sorry, I hope no one hurts themselves tripping over the sarcasm in this post...... :thinking: ;)

That's all that really matters right? If you like it.

bonedaddy

That's all that really matters right? If you like it.

you know what I like...

Big Butts and I can not lie... :yup:

On a built up rig, i think they look awesome! now sitting on a stock sport in BBB parking lot, yeah not so much... my 2 pennies...

Donnie

jorgelrod

Hooked
The Tenacity of this thread to survive is making me consider subscribing to it if only for the entertainment value..

:yup::yup::yup::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

lil'wizzy

I just love watching the water splash up and over the vehicle (https://youtu.be/UsvotTDGn_A).

So I might be a moronic idiotic juvenile, do I care? No. Will I get crap for showing a video of me blasting through a puddle? Probably. Will my butt get hurt? only if you spank it or I land on it hard.

Personally the kid in my loves the idea of a snorkel, the look, and the thought of driving through 4+ft of water. The Adult in me just doesn't want to see that repair bill of replacing every electrical component that got fried. My opinion? If the water raises above the bottom of your seat, find another way. You'll almost never need a snorkel. You can yes want it, but will it truly be needed? Probably not.

Look at that ARB video someone posted of the blue dodge with the grill tarp guard. He had a snorkel, did he need it? Nope... I'm still trying to understand the point of the tarp...

BigPrince

Actually, its for the RAM effect, sort of a poor man's (and thats certainly me) supercharger....
Just to add a datapoint - I recently had a Rugged Ridge snorkel on my JK. And installed a Magnuson Supercharger. At first we were disappointed as it would only produced 2.6psi of boost. After replacing the snorkel with an AFE Momentum intake we saw 9.76psi of boost. The snorkel was restricting the hell out of the intake. My opinion, don't do it unless you just love the look. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

LeighP

Just to add a datapoint - I recently had a Rugged Ridge snorkel on my JK. And installed a Magnuson Supercharger. At first we were disappointed as it would only produced 2.6psi of boost. After replacing the snorkel with an AFE Momentum intake we saw 9.76psi of boost. The snorkel was restricting the hell out of the intake. My opinion, don't do it unless you just love the look. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Depends on the design...the RR snorkel has turns and connections - one of them appears to be smaller than the rest of the ducting in cross section.....would not be surprised to find it was airflow limiting. I've talked with a couple of guys with 3.6 JKUs with Magnuson superchargers and AEV snorkels who haven't mentioned any problems.
I personally wasn't planning on forced induction.....in Australia it becomes a very expensive proposition. :icon_crazy: :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom