So-cal. CLEGHORN

Haven't been up to Cleghorn in several months. Last time I was up there all the "good trails" were in the process of being fenced off. They are all actually illegal. Anyone been up there recently? As mentioned those trails are crazy busy but a good place to cut your teeth and there is nothing too difficult and it all has bypasses.

Haven't been up to Cleghorn in several months. Last time I was up there all the "good trails" were in the process of being fenced off. They are all actually illegal. Anyone been up there recently? As mentioned those trails are crazy busy but a good place to cut your teeth and there is nothing too difficult and it all has bypasses.

My cousin took his tj up there last weekend. He said it's still open with plenty of fun obstacles

My cousin took his tj up there last weekend. He said it's still open with plenty of fun obstacles

The forest service must never have gotten around to putting the cable through the poles. I'm curious how many were ripped out. There is a lot of traffic up there I could see most of that fence being cut up and ripped out.

The forest service must never have gotten around to putting the cable through the poles. I'm curious how many were ripped out. There is a lot of traffic up there I could see most of that fence being cut up and ripped out.

That's what I was thinking. We almost went up yesterday but decided to go to bear instead. Maybe next Sunday we could go check it out

SoCal Cleghorn

I'm down for this coming Saturday 3-26-16 at around 8am - 8:30am. I prefer running it backwards, but I'll go with either direction.

This Saturday there is a Azusa canyon run, unfortunately I won't attend because I work but if anyone is interested here's the flyer, cool group of guys go up there, mud and small trails, great for beginners.ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458885583.980211.jpg

You down for any other trails? Seriously I hate this trail...lol
I would be, but I already committed to going to Cleghorn with two other Jeepers on the Wrangler Forum. I'm definitely down to go wheeling with you on a different trail another time though. Inbox me and we could set something up.

A lot of off camber washed out stuff up there, if you think it's a flat fire road that's bad advice to give !

A lot of off camber washed out stuff up there, if you think it's a flat fire road that's bad advice to give !

If you stay on Cleghorn Road it is all fire road. Its when you take the "illegal" trails off of the fire road where you run into what you are referring to. Regardless a stock jeep can make it through which ever way they decide to go. Last time I was up there a lot of those were in the process of being fenced off. The forest service was doing a lot of work up there. This was almost a year ago and I haven't been back since though.

Top Bottom