Spider Monkeys build diary, photo log and wish list

pinkcamotexan

Bought my 2016 Jeep Backcountry on Memorial day weekend. Traded in my F150 that was gun metal gray with pink accents. When I saw this Jeep I just knew we were meant to be together! I absolutely love the Granite color!!!

I immediately started on my search of all things pink for my girl! Called a friend of mine that makes the sticker decals. She made my Navy Veteran sticker, my Texans sticker, my go to saying for the tire cover, the 2 Spider Monkey emblems for the sides as well as her name for the hood.

Today I put on my pink WAL windshield sticker and my Navy tail light guards.

Next, I will have the Jeep leveled. Not ready for a lift just yet.

Looking forward to my first wheeling experience coming up with the Houston group! This will be my first time as a driver. Always been a passenger. Most excited than nervous at this point. I'm sure as it gets closer, my nervousness will set it.

I plan to use this thread to document any mods, photo ops and my wish list.

Attachments

• 1466880571735.jpg
    1466880571735.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 448
  • 1466880742112.jpg
    1466880742112.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 1466880762789.jpg
    1466880762789.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 1466880885567.jpg
    1466880885567.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 1466880898456.jpg
    1466880898456.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 450

pinkcamotexan

Got this pic at the corner of happy and healthy. Lol. I was coming out the door and when I saw my baby girl I just thought to myself, I'm so in love with her!!

Attachments

• 1466904850102.jpg
    1466904850102.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 412

Kyle7R

Glad to know you finally got it back. I know it was mentioned at the meet up, but just a reminder. Give everybody a buzz before you commit to ordering, or having something installed. Plenty of us around here that work for pizza, and could make sure you get exactly what you're wanting.

pinkcamotexan

Glad to know you finally got it back. I know it was mentioned at the meet up, but just a reminder. Give everybody a buzz before you commit to ordering, or having something installed. Plenty of us around here that work for pizza, and could make sure you get exactly what you're wanting.

Oh I fully intended on taking y'all up on your offer!!

I was looking at the EVO leveling kit. After listening to y'all chat, EVO seemed to be a favorite. And pretty inexpensive, $240.

Y'all are a great group of people!! Thanks again!!

TennJK

I was looking at the EVO leveling kit. After listening to y'all chat, EVO seemed to be a favorite. And pretty inexpensive, $240.

You're going to love the EVO kit!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Sorry, maybe I missed something, but why are you looking to add a leveling kit when your Jeep is sitting perfect right now?

pinkcamotexan

Sorry, maybe I missed something, but why are you looking to add a leveling kit when your Jeep is sitting perfect right now?

Actually the front is lower than the back. I did the same thing to my F150. To me, it looks better. Let see if I can get a full side pic and post it.

pinkcamotexan

Here ya go. I honestly think it will look better leveled.

Attachments

• 1466956417974.jpg
    1466956417974.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

What Evo has going for them as far as I know, they are one of the only companies that actually do the MATH. So when it comes to spring rates, this is the reason why the jeep rides so good with Evo "plush ride". You won't be disappointed. :thumb:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Here ya go. I honestly thing it will look better leveled.

I see what you are saying (mine sits exactly the same), but a leveling kit is for correcting for added weight to the front end like an aftermarket bumper, winch, etc. In your case, as your Jeep is right now, the kit will boost the front 2+ inches making it nose high. Then you correct the rear with spacers to level which will give you net lift. I have seen some on this forum end up still nose high after adding the tallest rear spacer which is not what you want. You might want to wait until it's needed. Just some food for thought.

pinkcamotexan

I see what you are saying (mine sits exactly the same), but a leveling kit is for correcting for added weight to the front end like an aftermarket bumper, winch, etc. In your case, as your Jeep is right now, the kit will boost the front 2+ inches making it nose high. Then you correct the rear with spacers to level which will give you net lift. I have seen some on this forum end up still nose high after adding the tallest rear spacer which is not what you want. You might want to wait until it's needed. Just some food for thought.

Good info....thanks!! Maybe hold off for a bit.

Last edited:

Napalm

Good info....thanks!! Maybe hold off for a bit.

Yeah, what Kyle said. This is a great kit. The plush rides in the front make for an awesome ride. It'll net you about 2 inches in the front but looks fine with stock wheels/tires. I ran it on my last Jeep with stock wheels and tires and I'll do the same on this one.

Top Bottom