Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
what about installing a spacer on the factory tire carrier to hold a 35? Problems?

You can do it but, you will need to make sure that the sidewalls of your spare still press firmly against the rubber isolators on the tailgate. If it doesn't, it'll jiggle and that will cause damage to your tailgate over time.

hawgincognito

You can do it but, you will need to make sure that the sidewalls of your spare still press firmly against the rubber isolators on the tailgate. If it doesn't, it'll jiggle and that will cause damage to your tailgate over time.

I bought mine with the extender and it doesn't connect with the isolators. I understand the risk but what are my options other than spending $600+ on a new mounting system?

JAGS

Hooked
Was looking to order up a couple pairs. Two quick questions. Would you still run spacers with wheels that have lower backspacing, or is that adding too much strain as well. Example is with ATX slabs/similar 3.5 back spacing, that would eliminate the need/want for even wider stance?

Second question is that I was looking at these on N4x4 and saw they have Poison Spyder spacers now with 1.5 for a little less than the STs in the write up. Any thoughts on the PS ones?

Thanks - Jason

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Was looking to order up a couple pairs. Two quick questions. Would you still run spacers with wheels that have lower backspacing, or is that adding too much strain as well. Example is with ATX slabs/similar 3.5 back spacing, that would eliminate the need/want for even wider stance?

Second question is that I was looking at these on N4x4 and saw they have Poison Spyder spacers now with 1.5 for a little less than the STs in the write up. Any thoughts on the PS ones?

Thanks - Jason

You would not want to run 1.5" wheel spacers with wheels that have 3.5" of back spacing.

For the most part, wheel spacers are wheel spacers with the exception of the material used to make them and the quality of the wheel studs. I have always run Spidertrax without any issues.

JAGS

Hooked
You would not want to run 1.5" wheel spacers with wheels that have 3.5" of back spacing.

For the most part, wheel spacers are wheel spacers with the exception of the material used to make them and the quality of the wheel studs. I have always run Spidertrax without any issues.

Thanks Eddie.

Kind of what I figured on both points. I just dont like to assume anything, especially because I'm very green in the jeep/4x4 world. I'll prob just go with the ST ones. Peace of mind is more important than the $40 bucks.

DK'sJK

I just finished installing my spacer but there is something I am concerned with. The rear driver side after taking the retainer clips off, the rotor would move left and right a small amount. The passenger side did not do this. Should I be concerned?

IIWorlds

I pretty much fit your description to a T. Love the look of the stock wheels and on a pretty sad budget haha! Very happy with my Spidertrax spacers. Budget for the build was roughly 2g, as business gets better so will th build.

Do you have any lift?

StrizzyChris

Tera flex wheel spacer??? Yeh or Nay???

Dont know anything about teraflex spacers, BUT a spacer is a spacer is a spacer as long as its hub centric, not lug centric, and its not a pancake "gap maker" that only reuses what's left of your shortened lugs.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Tackerdown

Banned
Dont know anything about teraflex spacers, BUT a spacer is a spacer is a spacer as long as its hub centric, not lug centric, and its not a pancake "gap maker" that only reuses what's left of your shortened lugs.

I don't know if its common or not but a buddy of mine bought some that I can't remember the name of, it was something generic though and two of the spacers had the studs pull out ? thats why i would spend more for a good name myself. but hay he said they were cheep.

jkrossi

Yeah they are hub centric I wouldn't dare mess with any other design. Well ill give them a try and if my wheels fall off ill let you all know.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I installed 1.5" Spyder Trax. The Jeeps steering radius is so amazing that I still rub. I actually rub the lower control arms. I found a solution to the issue on JK-Forum. A 3/8 washer behind the steering stop. The solution is easy and safe. Don't tell my wife though. Daddy needs new wheels! Lol

Tackerdown

Banned
I installed 1.5" Spyder Trax. The Jeeps steering radius is so amazing that I still rub. I actually rub the lower control arms. I found a solution to the issue on JK-Forum. A 3/8 washer behind the steering stop. The solution is easy and safe. Don't tell my wife though. Daddy needs new wheels! Lol

What size tires do you have?

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom