Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

Philip *AZ*

Banned
FWIW, Dont forget Im still on the stock wheels. Plus Im runnin the Treadwright Guard Dogs. It could be the way the tread is on this tire. Its the nobby lugs that grab. Its not bad and doesnt affect anything. Its definitely noticable. But like I said, a 3/8 washer would fix my issue. I feel like a forum thief, but here is another set of pics I found on JK-Forum.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361540917.729937.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361540934.236425.jpg
Hope this helps.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I doubt wider.. I got some pics. Let me see if I have any that will actually give you an Idea. If not I will just take some and of my rub. I will PM to you, I dont want to plug this thread with worthless jargon and filler.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Well, here are a couple. I will PM some rub pics and closer shots of the tires. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361543835.620727.jpg
This one is straight from Treadwright
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361543874.955822.jpg
This one isnt the best, but the tire is wedged on the bumper. I could have flexed more, but that bumper would have buckled out.

Tackerdown

Banned
Its actually a good spot for this JMO if i'm wrong someone please feel free to slap me. Just for the fact that if i'm searching on how to do this I will see that for some reason this may occur, what the reason was and how to remedy it all on the same thread. It is my understanding that the 1.5" wheel spacers are good for 35's or should I say tires that are 12.5" wide on a stock wheel to prevent rubbing inside, although you will need other mod like lift, trimming ect. to prevent rubbing elsewhere. I could go into speculations as to why I think this would happen but don't feel I'm qualified for that yet. Its better left to the people in the know.:twocents: :thinking:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361566465.173595.jpg
Just a general shot at full.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361566520.805241.jpg
My rub spot.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361566577.126303.jpg
Kinda hard to see.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361566625.196300.jpg
A shot from layin on the ground, probably the best pic of the rub.

jkrossi

Im running a 35/12.50R17 toyo open country A/T on stock wheels and installed 1.75" spacers up front and I clear all day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RamP

Here's a before and after pic of the 1.5" spacers. These are on a stock 2013 Rubicon.
A6EEB1BD-6358-4A40-B54C-E8DC72362660-3567-000001E3D1D5C8F8_zps30d2a8d1.jpg

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Its kinda hard to tell, but you can see the tread on my tire is actually touching the LCA. There is a slight deformity on the tread lug.. It only hits on the passenger side hard like that. Drivers side its rare. I can fix it though, just havent got under there to do so. It doesnt bother me that much.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

Tackerdown

Banned
It's not close it is rubbing. :yup:
well I guess it don't get no closer than that :D

Its kinda hard to tell, but you can see the tread on my tire is actually touching the LCA. There is a slight deformity on the tread lug.. It only hits on the passenger side hard like that. Drivers side its rare. I can fix it though, just havent got under there to do so. It doesnt bother me that much.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

It's hard to see pics on my phone , need to find my glasses.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom