STUDcon - The building of a 2016 JKUR

Studfam24

Damn dude, you were not messing around heading to that expo. That is an awesome list and you will absolutely love the coilovers. I just got mine recently and wheeled them this weekend for the first time...they are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome! I'm even more excited now. Can't wait to get it all dialed in and take it out. Double D kit should be a big jump up from factory susp.

Studfam24

Off-road Evolution tour!

The wife and I made the relatively short 3 hr trip to So-Cal today to pick up our order from the off-road expo. First stop was a big one. Got to spend a couple hours at Off-road Evo/Mfg talking to Mel and Drew. You can't beat the hospitality of these folks. That's one of the best things about the off-road community, everyone is essentially good people. Got to see all the new R&D parts, and a nice little showroom. Sorry no pics allowed. [emoji6]
Of coarse we ended up with a huge stack of parts and wheels. And spent a few hundred more on some bumps and whatnot.
IMG_1476154559.364461.jpg

Saw some of the customer builds including a couple rigs for a customer from Saudi Arabia
IMG_1476154620.048569.jpg

IMG_1476154632.366634.jpg

After Evo we headed to Pamona to visit JE Reel to get our front 1350.

IMG_1476154673.268877.jpg

IMG_1476154697.619646.jpg

From there we headed back home to throw her up on the stands and started to tear her down.

IMG_1476154769.821429.jpg

Left everything neatly in the boxes so I can savor the opening.

IMG_1476154798.106233.jpg

Eugene

Great color combo and great selection of upgrade parts. Going to be spectacular when it's done.

LAJK

Great build to far. I can't wait to see the finished product. What is your plan for tire's?

Studfam24

Sneak Peak mid build...

IMG_1476427122.522854.jpg

New parts list additions showed up today...

King bumps - front
JCR rear mauler fenders
JCR rear fender liners
Fox ATS steering stabilizer

Going to be a busy weekend.

Scheitz

37" COOPER STT PRO's will be the next purchase for STUDcon to wrap my new Machetes sitting in boxes.

Which color Machetes did you go with? I have a Granite Crystal JKUR on order and am considering these wheels. Probably going with black rims, but would be nice to see them in gray with the Granite Crystal!

Great looking Jeep btw!

Studfam24

So the suspension install went pretty quickly. It took us two days to get the full Evo Stage 1 coilover kit in. If I had a plasma torch it would have went much much quicker. Much cutting and grinding. I spoke with Drew at Evo yesterday and he is sending me a set of their HD end links. I found that mine were about 1" short of max flex so he overnighted them for us and should be here today. Now I must say for never having run coilovers on any of our previous builds, it was a big difference.
Those of you doing the same, understand that they will creak and clang for a bit. Mine have quieted down a bunch after some miles on them and I am much happier.
First impressions are that it looks phenomenal. Very impressive stance and the coilovers gleaming from under the jeep are nice.

The kit was very straight forward. Everything went on as planned without issue. If you are a beginner at lifts and suspension though I dont recommend doing it alone. A lift would have been really nice but you can do it in the driveway if you like.

IMG_1477152477.233091.jpg

IMG_1477152501.309753.jpg
On the factory rims here.

Hardest part I'd say was trimming all the plastic under the fender wells. Tedious at best.

But after getting it all installed it was well worth it. Setting the timing rings on the shocks was a breeze and made a big difference in ride quality.

Next we did the drag link flip with the new Fox ATS steering stabilizer.

IMG_1477152712.747649.jpg

Drilling the 13/16" hole in the knuckle was no fun for my wrist but it went fairly quickly with the help of a buddy spraying some cooling drill bit lubricant.

The ATS stabilizer is awesome! I get zero shimmy in the front tires and no death wobble. It looks great and acts as dual opposing stabilizers without all the shit hanging off the front. It relocates up nice and high and is 24 click adjustable for personal preference. Pretty trick. The $400 price tag was barely worth it though.

King bumps showed up from The Brown Santa the same day and we tossed those in. Extremely easy install. Maybe 2 hours tops.

IMG_1477153003.451589.jpg

IMG_1477152961.549459.jpg

IMG_1477152986.282608.jpg

Top Bottom