"Stumps" - The JK

big dr

I just saw this thread. I love the jeep,, and also saw you are in Virginia Beach. A very good friend and ex roommate is the Master Brewer at the Gordon Biersch brewery in town. Swing by and tell him Dave from HB told him to give you a beer!! He just texted me this AM with an 11* temp in his car. His name is Eddie,, A funny little Cuban!

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
That's an awesome Jeep Tyler I like the name Stumps how it means so much to you that says a lot in general. :thumb:

Kinda gives me thought of doing something like that for my Jeep :yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I just saw this thread. I love the jeep,, and also saw you are in Virginia Beach. A very good friend and ex roommate is the Master Brewer at the Gordon Biersch brewery in town. Swing by and tell him Dave from HB told him to give you a beer!! He just texted me this AM with an 11* temp in his car. His name is Eddie,, A funny little Cuban!

Nice! Ill have to check it out once the wife can drink again.

That's an awesome Jeep Tyler I like the name Stumps how it means so much to you that says a lot in general. :thumb:

Kinda gives me thought of doing something like that for my Jeep :yup:

Thank you very much. And you wont be disappointed if you get a similar set up. I plan on a sport cage and regear hopefully this year.

BlackHat

Nice Rig!! I'm wanting a soft top as well, but I do like having the hard top for winter. I'm in Colorado and hate being cold so sometimes even in the summer it's cold at night and with the soft top I could put it back up quicker since it would folded down on the back and not in my garage like the hard top would be. I have been looking at the fastback soft top, does anyone know if it will fully lay down in the back in front of the spare tire? TIA!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Nice Rig!! I'm wanting a soft top as well, but I do like having the hard top for winter. I'm in Colorado and hate being cold so sometimes even in the summer it's cold at night and with the soft top I could put it back up quicker since it would folded down on the back and not in my garage like the hard top would be. I have been looking at the fastback soft top, does anyone know if it will fully lay down in the back in front of the spare tire? TIA!

Thank you very much. As for the trektop nx, it does not fold back like the factory soft top does. That is because of it's frameless design. You can remove the rear and side windows which converts it into a bikini top. Im probably going to get it because of that option.

BlackHat

Thank you for the reply, as long as I can take the windows out I'm ordering tonight. I'd line to lose the weight of the hard to also. Thank you for the info.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
My cousin posted this picture of my grandfather today. 1427408580448.jpg That is him on the right rocking the sweet bowtie, next to one of the many cars he used to race around the island in. Hard to believe that he is going to be 97 this year! And still drives like he is has to beat someone's course time!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
As I posted up on ToasterJeep, Im going to put my funds towards paying off Stumps so I can buy a Renegade by the middle of next year.

However, I figured that Id do one last thing and that was regear. Sadly, two of the shops here have quoted me $2100 and $1850. So if anyone knows of a shop in Virginia that isnt going to be as expensive let me know.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
As luck would have it, my master bathroom sink stopped working and we had to get it replaced. One of the men who helped replace it gave me a sweet deal on a full set of soft doors and an old style trektop. 1430067033549.jpg 1430067044384.jpg
Hope to get them all on next weekend. :)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
LOVE those half doors... been trying to get the wife on board for a set for quite some time! New house comes first though...

To be honest, I didn't like the look of the soft doors until now. Now, if they fit better, I'd run them all the time. :thumbup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I was able to put all of them on today. 1430169973921.jpg 1430169986886.jpg
Maybe this weekend I'll get the soft top on as well.

Top Bottom