Swapping AEV 2'5 DS Coils for EVO Plush Rides

TheDuff

On a 4 door with all factory bumpers etc, 3" plush ride coils measurements are: front gets 3-5/8 and the rear 3-1/4 of lift.
Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man, that should be very helpful for guys wanting to compare:)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just curious if you guys with aev 2.5" springs have measured your actual lift gain. I know a lot of other springs yield much more than advertised and I hear the evo springs are actually pretty spot on. My point being, that it's possible the difference in gain could be only 1/4" or less, making the worry over a drag link flip a non issue. On a separate note, I have over 3.5" of lift with no flip and stock arms, the jeep is perfectly drive able. Aside from my steering box issues and being a lil flighty at times, it doesn't handle any worse than stock and really, getting some lower fronts to fix my castor would probably fix the flighty feeling

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know the AEV springs have their mods engineered in, meaning, if you run their lift on a stock rig, you will see a fair amount more lift (around 1")....they are designed to give you a 2.5" lift with their full width front/rear, winch, carrier, and a 35" tire. I run exactly that, and gained the 2.5" inches as advertised. I *think* EVOs (due to the fact that they are softer) should react the same way...so if you get 3.5" on a stock rig, you should see somewhere in the mid 2.5-2.75 with a fully armored rig.

vitodivita

Went out wheeling yesterday. Heard some rubbing under flexy situations, but otherwise I can't believe how soft my suspension is now. From the drive on the highway to offroad, it is perfect!

Did manage to destroy my factory stabilizer but had little effect without it and I drove home 3 hrs and couldn't tell the difference. Alas I ordered a rancho stabilizer this morning anyways..

Panda

Went out wheeling yesterday. Heard some rubbing under flexy situations, but otherwise I can't believe how soft my suspension is now. From the drive on the highway to offroad, it is perfect!

Did manage to destroy my factory stabilizer but had little effect without it and I drove home 3 hrs and couldn't tell the difference. Alas I ordered a rancho stabilizer this morning anyways..

With the drag link flip kit you can get your steering stabilizer up out of harms way :yup: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414943840.360816.jpg

vitodivita

I have the drag link flip.. Wish I took a photo…it literally popped the bushing off from stabilizer from the tie rod attachment

Top Bottom