TankJK: My Billet Rubi Build

MTG

Caught the Bug
View attachment 110214 ...... :thumb:

Now I just need to do the passenger side. :grayno:

Looks good. :thumb:

Frank, can you post a picture of the hardware that attaches these pieces? It's been about 2 years since I took mine out and I can't remember how they attach. Someday I'll get around to putting mine back in. :grayno:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Has to be installer error.. I didn't have to trim mine at all. Newer model thing?

Might be. My 2013 didn't come close to matching up. I tried to finesse it like Frank but ended up cutting a piece out about two inches long. I might do some retro repair work later but first I want to get the trim installed sometime before 2015. I'll be looking closely at how Frank did it. He seems to have an eye for the problem.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks fellas. Yes I trimmed as much as possible without breaking through. It sits nice and flush now.

MTG, the only hardware is one plastic plug identical to the plugs with the plastic Phillips screw inserts that are used to mount your grill. The rest is held in by the visor mount.

And a tip for those wanting to tackle this soon. You have to remove these two posts/plug on the backside and make them flush.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sorry here's the photo. Also the hole here (circled) had to be widened a bit to compensate for the raised bolt due to the a pillar mount.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415582169.400262.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Nice job frank and thanks for posting. Hopefully I'll get around to a cage someday and will keep your posts in mind!👍

upnover

I need to pull mine back out, they looked like crap after I was done trimming. You would have thought edward scissor hands worked on mine.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I need to pull mine back out, they looked like crap after I was done trimming. You would have thought edward scissor hands worked on mine.

Secret was using the Dremmel with the small sanding wheel on all of the edges to make it nice and smooth.

Top Bottom