TankJK: My Billet Rubi Build

10frank9

Web Wheeler
While my cage is at the powder coaters ($200), I'm working on these covers.
Is that all that's necessary to do to make them fit with the cage in?

Honestly, since each one is relatively different I would recommend waiting until you install the cage before cutting and fitting the trim. :yup: The overhead horizontal bar on mine is slightly further back on the passenger side due to a factory weld. Go figure, a crappy factory weld. :eek::crazyeyes::shock:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So today I had a few spare minutes so I finished trimming the passenger side plastic moulding at the A pillar. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417463101.196041.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417463118.283210.jpg

I also installed the spacers on the lower hole at the A pillar cage piece. This makes closing the doors a bit easier, didn't realize before but noticed some rubbing also at the inside of both doors.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417463222.400474.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Did the spacers come with the cage?

No. I machined them myself. I smelted a bunch of old beer cans together, then used a water table to cut them.

Kidding. Yes they supply two pair. In two different thicknesses for her pleasure.

JAGS

Hooked
No. I machined them myself. I smelted a bunch of old beer cans together, then used a water table to cut them.

Kidding. Yes they supply two pair. In two different thicknesses for her pleasure.

:cheesy: I figured you didn't "make" them. Why didn't you install originally? Just a custom fitment based on each install I guess. :thinking:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
10frank9's Billet Rubi Build

:cheesy: I figured you didn't "make" them. Why didn't you install originally? Just a custom fitment based on each install I guess. :thinking:

Yes. Very custom. I didn't install them originally until, well honestly I didn't read the Rockhard directions. (Oops)

A couple of weeks ago was having a conversation with Mel [Name drop here] about the install and he mentioned the spacers. Lol. OOOOOOH. That's what those are for.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
huh i never installed my spacers. i guess i should go out and check to see if the doors are rubbing at all

JAGS

Hooked
Yes. Very custom. I didn't install them originally until, well honestly I didn't read the Rockhard directions. (Oops)

A couple of weeks ago was having a conversation with Mel [Name drop here] about the install and he mentioned the spacers. Lol. OOOOOOH. That's what those are for.

Well, thanks for sharing the tidbit. I'll be sure to double check that section of the instructions. ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well, thanks for sharing the tidbit. I'll be sure to double check that section of the instructions. ;)

Why? ORE has installed their share of cages. I'm pretty sure you won't even have to ask them when they install yours. :yup: :cheesy:

pastorwug

I can't even imagine going back in and removing the cage sides to insert spacers! I'll settle for my doors rubbing, if they do. :yup:

Anybody want extra spacers, give me a ring.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I can't even imagine going back in and removing the cage sides to insert spacers! I'll settle for my doors rubbing, if they do. :yup:

Anybody want extra spacers, give me a ring.

I'll take them. Checked mine today, they are rubbing. Besides this install is so easy even a caveman could do it. ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'll take them. Checked mine today, they are rubbing. Besides this install is so easy even a caveman could do it. ;)

:cheesy: I still have a pair of the thinner spacers. PM me if you need them. I'll send them post haste.

JAGS

Hooked
Why? ORE has installed their share of cages. I'm pretty sure you won't even have to ask them when they install yours. :yup: :cheesy:

I hopefully won't be in as much of a rush as I was with my suspension and carrier.

Don't me wrong. I've asked how much to install. 😉 The potential savings means I can get my switch set up.

I'll have some weekends free come the new year. Maybe I can get some help via bribes with some beer and burgers/pizza. 👍🍻

Top Bottom