TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

amocoharley

Wow. Ive had my eyes open for awhile for a fair price on one of these. No more. Didn't realize terraflex wasn't a quality brand.

GCM 2

.....Didn't realize terraflex wasn't a quality brand.

Teraflex has a history of producing defective products and all related to either cheap steel and/or bad design:

-Heavy duty Trackbars
-Frame brackets for control arms
-tire carriers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Teraflex has a history of producing defective products and all related to either cheap steel and/or bad design:

-Heavy duty Trackbars
-Frame brackets for control arms
-tire carriers

Yup, what he said. There's the tire carrier breaks that you've seen on this thread and then there's the track bars:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks&highlight=teraflex+break

And frame brackets:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break&highlight=teraflex+break

Their rocker guards crumple as well but, at least I haven't seen one break:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I should note, these were NOT hard hits.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just in case it was missed on the other thread that FuriousDZ posted, here's proof yet again that TeraFlex will BLAME YOU for any break you have on their tire carrier.

teraflex.jpg

Now there's a company I want to buy from :cheesy:

Jiffy05

This isn't about the tire carrier but there is a video where the big blue TeraFlex jeep breaks a control arm mount. If you want I could post the video here.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This isn't about the tire carrier but there is a video where the big blue TeraFlex jeep breaks a control arm mount. If you want I could post the video here.

That's the same jeep that was running this tire carrier when it first came out with a 40" tire. Back when it first came out it was rated for a 40" tire but teraflex quickly changed to a 38" tire. My guess is the original broke which is why they changed the size.

Jiffy05

That's the same jeep that was running this tire carrier when it first came out with a 40" tire. Back when it first came out it was rated for a 40" tire but teraflex quickly changed to a 38" tire. My guess is the original broke which is why they changed the size.

Yep. I just find it funny how they say it's installer error when the stuff on their own jeeps break. What is the excuse then?

HILLZ

Poor ol' Eddie is copping a bashing on facebook on this subject today. geeze try and spread awareness of a possible issue and get hated for it. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Poor ol' Eddie is copping a bashing on facebook on this subject today. geeze try and spread awareness of a possible issue and get hated for it. :grayno:

:cheesy: It's all the same haters that we've seen here before. As soon as they get word about a post like that, they all come out of the woodwork to troll. :crazyeyes:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Damn Eddie, hella trolling going on today. :D (Im David that made the last few comments.) Too bad you can't buy stock in Haterade...you'd be filthy rich. :D Like I said in the other thread, if you have THIS much hate, you know you're doing something right.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just so that it doesn't get missed, FuriousDZ just had his TeraFlex Tire Carrier BREAK yet again! And, to be clear, this was AFTER he had his original tire carrier break at the mount and had since replaced it with the new TeraFlex mount. Apparently, all that did was shift the break to the next weakest point...

View attachment 103869

You can see and read more about it on the thread he started here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ead-horse-but-NEW-Teraflex-Tire-Carrier-BREAK

Again, if you have one of these TeraFlex tire carriers, please do everyone a favor and keep a close eye on it.

Its not a real crack. Its CGI...an optical illusion

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Eddie, hella trolling going on today. :D (Im David that made the last few comments.) Too bad you can't buy stock in Haterade...you'd be filthy rich. :D Like I said in the other thread, if you have THIS much hate, you know you're doing something right.

Yeah, the usual suspects and a lot of names I recognize from way back in the JKF days. A few claimed to have been banned here but when I pressed them for a reason and a screen name so that I could look into it, they were nowhere to be found. Most of these guys don't even know what I had said on my post - they just come to hate.

HILLZ

:cheesy: It's all the same haters that we've seen here before. As soon as they get word about a post like that, they all come out of the woodwork to troll. :crazyeyes:

I had ya back on there Eddie :thumb: show up as Scott Hill on FB. :cheesy:

KingCopperhead

They call us "sheep" over on their forums yet they blindly hate Eddie any chance they get. Bet half of them didn't even read the comments or op on fb. I said my part. Glad Eddie saw it and liked it. I normally don't partake in those kinds of discussions but for all he's done for us, I figured a few positive words and actual facts needed to be pointed out. Even someone used to being hated on can use some support once in a while.

OJK12

Eddie you really must have struck a nerve with this last post about the teraflex carrier, because other people with Facebook pages are starting posts about your posts! It's really amazing how ridiculous people can be!

Attachments

• image-2072641843.jpg
    image-2072641843.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image-2168420159.jpg
    image-2168420159.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 195
Top Bottom