Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Napalm

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Finishing up Rock Garden, my wife finally made it out so it was time to put down the camera and jump in Steel for her maiden voyage. We ran the adventure trail, and unknown trail, and desi-way again.

While on the trail, Nick once again accepted the challenge of what I called over the CB an "impassable" obstacle. After trying a line, unfortunately it wasn't one that was working, and when I looked back this is what i saw
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149626.184353.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149650.879518.jpg
Fortunately, Kris was able to pull up and we were able to use his snatch block and winch to pull nick out of the hole. I wish I would have gotten more pics of this, but in between not having my camera and trying to help out, I wasn't able too.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149792.699894.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149816.511498.jpg
After this obstacle, Nick and his Jeep have now earned the name of "Challenge Accepted" :)
After getting Nick out and finishing up the trail, we were able to get off and head back to set up for our BBQ and hang out.
The Jeeps after a long great day on the trail at sunset!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149945.627525.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149959.300455.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149976.490765.jpg
Henry approves!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464149997.821258.jpg
Time for a BBQ!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464150232.087861.jpg
What a great group of people(minus my wife, she was taking the picture)! It's crazy how 15 people who've never met each other from all over the state(and other states) can come together for a weekend of wheeling and leave great friends. Until next time, guys! :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464150500.981048.jpg

cjmenma

Wow Nathan, awesome shots and great story telling man. Thanks for editing and sharing these pictures! :D:beer:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Nathan that was a hell of a story! Felt like i was there [emoji39]
But honestly that was awesome how you put everything in order. And great job with the camera! This makes me want to go back and find all the photos of all the trips ive been on with the fellow wayalifers!
Also want to thank dwiggles and honor2afault for helping me put my wayalife banner on. And for napalm for being the measuring tape lol
And also a huge thanks to everyone to helped me winch out of that tight spot! I woulda helped but.. I was a little tied up, and probably would of fell on my gf :cheesy:

Napalm

Wow Nate! Fantastic job!!

Thanks! Same to you. That Tank green was just too hard not to photograph. :)

Wow!!! Great shots Napalm! And nice commentary too. Lots of man hours and love went into that photo timeline, and we thank you for it!!

Thanks brother! Thanks for driving me around the park :)

Looks like everyone had a Great Time. Pics are excellent. ..I am anxiously awaiting more...Tnx for sharing them.

Thank you! Wish you could have joined us!

Awesome pic Nate! Found new profile pic!

Thanks! Looking good. Glad you guys made it out!

That rock garden is cool. Nice pictures. I'll have to get with you guys the next time you do a run!

Thank you. Yes you will! I predict there will be one closer to fall! It's too hot out there now! ;)

Great photos, it's nice to see some of the fun y'all had in the morning. And yes I did have a little fun before everyone arrived.

Thanks Mark! Enjoyed your company!

Pictures look awesome man! I can't wait to see the rest, this one made me laugh.

You can see Marijke bossing me around, as usual :cheesy:

Looks like Ashten and Marijke share that in common! lol!

Those are some great newbie run photos, nice camera work.

Thanks Shawn! I wanna apologize for not being able to get your rig. Unfortunately with what happened, it just didn't end up anywhere where I was shooting.. Hopefully next time!

Wow Nathan, awesome shots and great story telling man. Thanks for editing and sharing these pictures! :D:beer:

Thanks for attending and definitely using your JKU to the fullest :)

Awesome photos for sure!

Thanks Dave! Your rig is just so photogenic!

Well done on the pictures, Nate. The park looks pretty nice. I am looking forward to going sometime!

The park is pretty awesome and forgiving! You'd have a great time! We will go out some other time!

Nathan that was a hell of a story! Felt like i was there [emoji39]
But honestly that was awesome how you put everything in order. And great job with the camera! This makes me want to go back and find all the photos of all the trips ive been on with the fellow wayalifers!
Also want to thank dwiggles and honor2afault for helping me put my wayalife banner on. And for napalm for being the measuring tape lol
And also a huge thanks to everyone to helped me winch out of that tight spot! I woulda helped but.. I was a little tied up, and probably would of fell on my gf :cheesy:

We all know you did it on purpose for winching experience :) thank you again brother for all your help, this run wouldn't have happened without you. You also gave me the confidence to push my rig to its stock limits :)

Those pictures came out great. Well done on the story telling!

Thanks! While the pictures don't do it justice, it does give everyone a taste of the great time that we had.

Bunz-o-fun

Not trying to steal Napalm's thunder (becuase he took a crap load of pics and is trying to sift through them), but I was able to put some pictures in my dropbox account. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail, and I can send you a link if you would like to see more pictures. Not that many, about 55 or so. Most pics are from the newbie run. Plus a couple of videos. One video of Nick on the rock garden. :rock:
BTW - did anyone else get any pics or video of the recovery? I'd be interested if available.

Looks like you guys had a blast! I would love to be able to join you all on your next trip. Do you have a thread on WOL I could subscribe to or something for future events?

We have this one -
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14605

But mostly when we do runs here in Tejas people just start new threads to sign up. We don't use that thread as much as it used to be used!

Got it. I'm new here, really new...so the best way to catch a TX run thread is to just check into the forum from time to time? Just want to make sure I don't miss something as I'm sure your group has been wheeling together for a while.

Kyle7R

Got it. I'm new here, really new...so the best way to catch a TX run thread is to just check into the forum from time to time? Just want to make sure I don't miss something as I'm sure your group has been wheeling together for a while.

This was actually a first time to meet for the majority of us!

Maybe we should revive that old wheeling thread?

This is factual. Out of the 11 rigs on this trip, I had only wheeled with 3 of them before, and only on one other run. :thumb: I'm looking forward to more trips with these guys for sure!

Very cool. Well I hope I can join your guys next run. I'll be on the look-out for a thread...or if you guys resurrect that old one, I've sub'd to it.

Kyle7R

Not trying to steal Napalm's thunder (becuase he took a crap load of pics and is trying to sift through them), but I was able to put some pictures in my dropbox account. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail, and I can send you a link if you would like to see more pictures. Not that many, about 55 or so. Most pics are from the newbie run. Plus a couple of videos. One video of Nick on the rock garden. :rock:
BTW - did anyone else get any pics or video of the recovery? I'd be interested if available.

Kris, I'm interested. Sending you my email info now!

This is factual. Out of the 11 rigs on this trip, I had only wheeled with 3 of them before, and only on one other run. :thumb: I'm looking forward to more trips with these guys for sure!

You know I only state facts son! Lol .

Napalm

Don't you have to have thunder for it to be stolen?[emoji57]

And are there any more sweet action shots of me almost busting my rear slipping on mud? LoL!

Top Bottom