Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trek: October 2nd-3rd

tharb5111

Thanks for posting up and I've got you and your family on the list.

I can assure you that we will be taking things very carefully, we have a couple stock JKs coming and want everyone to be able to button up and drive back home. I know that my wife has the same fear as yours. Will you be camping?

Thanks. Yes we would love to camp. Would be great for kids. Been looking for a great excuse to get them outdoors.

Last edited:

Mikead40

If I were leading this group i'd stick to the Fencline. It'll take the better part of the day, is very scenic and has plenty of challenging climbs and ledges - almost all of which can be bypassed for those in stock jeeps. I'm out there every weekend and can tell you (as has already been said) the park was profoundly affected by the spring rains. In the past month I've run almost every trail except maybe Tro (which would be another good option given its bypasses - but I'm sure there's a lot of stagnant stanky water on it) and one or two others. Even the traditional "beginner" trails have ratcheted up the difficulty factor significantly. E.g Greenhorn - the drop offs in the creek portion that used to be built up with huge rocks (which essentially formed ramps) have had those rocks get washed away. There are two drops that are > 4 feet. This may all change by October, but regardless, I would think Fenceline would be your best option given the group you are taking.

Sithwindu

If I were leading this group i'd stick to the Fencline. It'll take the better part of the day, is very scenic and has plenty of challenging climbs and ledges - almost all of which can be bypassed for those in stock jeeps. I'm out there every weekend and can tell you (as has already been said) the park was profoundly affected by the spring rains. In the past month I've run almost every trail except maybe Tro (which would be another good option given its bypasses - but I'm sure there's a lot of stagnant stanky water on it) and one or two others. Even the traditional "beginner" trails have ratcheted up the difficulty factor significantly. E.g Greenhorn - the drop offs in the creek portion that used to be built up with huge rocks (which essentially formed ramps) have had those rocks get washed away. There are two drops that are > 4 feet. This may all change by October, but regardless, I would think Fenceline would be your best option given the group you are taking.

Yup fence line and TRO are good options, TRO is reallllyy long too

Napalm

Mike, thank you for chiming in. Most of the wheelers in this group, including myself, are beginners. Fence line sounds like a great option for what we looking for. My thought in planning this trip was to just get out for some mild wheeling, but also to catch a lot of scenery and just enjoy each other's company. No one here is trying to prove anything! LoL!

Thank you for the advice, and for your input. I definitely do either TRO or fence line. If anything changes please let me know or pm me. Thanks!

Napalm

Mike, tried to PM you but your inbox is full!

I will check that out! Thanks for your help, Mike. I really appreciate the guidance. Now, I have a question. Looking at the trail cmap, I don't see the Fenceline trail on there. Does it have another name by chance? Thanks again!

Mikead40

Mike, tried to PM you but your inbox is full!

I will check that out! Thanks for your help, Mike. I really appreciate the guidance. Now, I have a question. Looking at the trail cmap, I don't see the Fenceline trail on there. Does it have another name by chance? Thanks again!

My bad - I deleted some stuff

"Fenceline" is technically North Pole on the map. It starts at the very top left of the map and runs down the entire upper edge of the map (there's more than enough room to run the trail in either direction though). The map leaves a lot to be desired, but it will at least get you in the general vicinity.

Woods-Cycle-Country-Hidden-Falls-Adventure-Park-Marble-Falls.jpg

Napalm

My bad - I deleted some stuff

"Fenceline" is technically North Pole on the map. It starts at the very top left of the map and runs down the entire upper edge of the map (there's more than enough room to run the trail in either direction though). The map leaves a lot to be desired, but it will at least get you in the general vicinity.

View attachment 156266

Okay thank you for clearing that up for me, most likely, since this trail is more for beginners with bypasses, this will be our main trail of the day.

Napalm

EVERYONE PLEASE Read through the first post again and post on here so that I know you saw it. It has be majorly updated.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me via here or PM.

Mikead40

EVERYONE PLEASE Read through the first post again and post on here so that I know you saw it. It has be majorly updated.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me via here or PM.

Just to clarify - Fenceline will definitely not take all day of you plan on getting on the trails at 7AM. I may have been exageratting a bit by saying it will take most of the day. If you start at 7AM and most people do the bypasses, you'll probably be done by 11am or so. The more people that try the harder lines, the longer it'll take

Napalm

Just to clarify - Fenceline will definitely not take all day of you plan on getting on the trails at 7AM. I may have been exageratting a bit by saying it will take most of the day. If you start at 7AM and most people do the bypasses, you'll probably be done by 11am or so. The more people that try the harder lines, the longer it'll take

Okay thanks for clearing that up!

tdougherty81

Great plan, can't wait. My wife and kids (7 and 4) might be coming.

Saturday meals(breakfast and lunch) are we providing them our selves?

Napalm

I reread your first post and it looks like a great plan. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Thanks for re-reading. We are looking forward to the same!

Great plan, can't wait. My wife and kids (7 and 4) might be coming.

Saturday meals(breakfast and lunch) are we providing them our selves?

Great! Thanks for that info. Yes, breakfast and lunch will be in the Camp. That's why I made our initial meet & greet at Walmart so if any last needed supplies are needed, you have a chance!

atxbold

I live in Austin and I'll definitely be game. I'll post a picture when I can get one moved from my phone. Or you can see my hello posting. I can bring big stuff since I'm so close if peeps want to leave at home. Jack / tools / etc.

Top Bottom