Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trek: October 2nd-3rd

Napalm

I live in Austin and I'll definitely be game. I'll post a picture when I can get one moved from my phone. Or you can see my hello posting. I can bring big stuff since I'm so close if peeps want to leave at home. Jack / tools / etc.

I'll get you posted on the list. Make sure to post up pictures of your rig!

Napalm

id like to join u guys if yall dont mind, from the austin area and been to hidden falls numerous times View attachment 156342

Unfortunately atxbold beat you to the 10th spot and for now, this run is Capped off at this point. I'll put you as first on the waiting list and if someone drops out you'll move up. Keep an eye out on your PMs!!

Napalm

Ladies and Gentleman, this run is officially Capped. For spotting and teaching purposes, we only have the 10 spots because help is limited.

This run has also officially been named "Texas Hidden Falls Newbie Run!"

A waiting list has been added in place of the maybe list, I will be periodically be PMing the people attending this run to check status and make sure you are still attending.

If those on the maybe list would like to be moved to the waiting list, please let me know.

Angry Aussie

Even though yall are full I'll still probably come out with a few people and stop by and say hi, don't worry we won't hit the trails with you we will run our own. Just want meet some fellow wayalifers.

Napalm

Even though yall are full I'll still probably come out with a few people and stop by and say hi, don't worry we won't hit the trails with you we will run our own. Just want meet some fellow wayalifers.

Of course man that would be great! We'd love to meet ya!

iRonin

EVERYONE PLEASE Read through the first post again and post on here so that I know you saw it. It has be majorly updated.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me via here or PM.

Caught up on first post and responded to PMs with some other trail recommendations. FM TRO is a risky call just due to time factoring (3+ hours easy) and some unavoidable tougher spots that have been affected by the rains. I'd see how comfortable folks are doing some of the fenceline work and then gauge going for TRO. Otherwise I PM'd you a handful of other fun trails that I've seen used on other newbie runs :)

Also customary to take Park Road 3 up to Tower for obligatory valley-view pics:
fb_banner.jpg

Samgm

hey bud ill run with you, mabey get 2 groups goin, if thats cool

Sithwindu

Caught up on first post and responded to PMs with some other trail recommendations. FM TRO is a risky call just due to time factoring (3+ hours easy) and some unavoidable tougher spots that have been affected by the rains. I'd see how comfortable folks are doing some of the fenceline work and then gauge going for TRO. Otherwise I PM'd you a handful of other fun trails that I've seen used on other newbie runs :)

Also customary to take Park Road 3 up to Tower for obligatory valley-view pics:
View attachment 156380
Yeah, loose rock and wildcat are hell to get up to tower lol

atxbold

So here are a few pics. I might have rock skins on by the time this happen though.

Attachments

• 1438203792174.jpg
    1438203792174.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1438203804282.jpg
    1438203804282.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 40

USMC Wrangler

Is anyone sticking around for Sunday as well? :fingerscrossed: We may head home Monday morning instead since it's a 7+ hour drive for us. :yup: Just want to take as much in as possible.

Also, I am 100% certain I will not be able to locate and afford a soft top by then. What do y'all think about pulling my hardtop and leaving it at camp?

Last edited:

Mikead40

Also, I am 100% certain I will not be able to locate and afford a soft top by then. What do y'all think about pulling my hardtop and leaving it at camp?

If your question was about the "safety" (e.g. theft) of leaving your top out while you're off on the trails...I've done it often without any problems. I've never heard of it being an issue for anyone else either.

That said, I wouldn't do it unless the park gets some rain in the days preceeding your trip. It gets ridiculously dusty out there. If your wife is anything like mine, her tolerance for 90 degree heat, sweat and tons of dust is minimal if A/C is a viable option. Early October is still likely to be pretty hot and if y'all end up doing fenceline, there's no shade out there.

But, an evening run up park road 3 to the top of wildcat mountain with top/doors off to watch the amazing sunsets up there...now you're talkin :beer:

Last edited:

Napalm

We may swing thru ATX on our way out or stay somewhere in the area. We'll see.

We are staying in the Renaissance Saturday night, The wife loves Austin and wanted one night away on the town. We are already down south, we might as well stay!

I would like to signup.

Angela Hamm
McKinney
I've got you on the maybe list. Keep a lookout at your PMs in the coming months just incase you get moved up!

I've already decided to make this run Fully topped and doored. Keep that dust away from me! LoL:rock:

Top Bottom