Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trek: October 2nd-3rd

daverawr

I would like to be put on the waiting list. Havent done any wheeling in the Jeep yet, coming from Subaru STI now in a 2011 JKUR. Want to get out there. Heading to Hidden Falls on the 8th for a Offroading 101 class held by Off Road Ready. But will also want to go again and get wheeling done with some of you guys on here. Not much places in Houston from what ive looked up and most is mainly mud.... i mudded the jeep 1st week when i bought it a month and a half ago... clean up was way too much and didnt like it that much LOL.... Anyways. Waitlist please !

Kumar

I would like to be put on the waiting list. Havent done any wheeling in the Jeep yet, coming from Subaru STI now in a 2011 JKUR. Want to get out there. Heading to Hidden Falls on the 8th for a Offroading 101 class held by Off Road Ready. But will also want to go again and get wheeling done with some of you guys on here. Not much places in Houston from what ive looked up and most is mainly mud.... i mudded the jeep 1st week when i bought it a month and a half ago... clean up was way too much and didnt like it that much LOL.... Anyways. Waitlist please !

I'll also be out there on the Saturday with the ORR 101 folks. Need to learn how to use a winch properly incase I ever find the extra coin to purchase one. Anyway, stop by and say hi. This is me ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438587985.400431.jpg

daverawr

I'll also be out there on the Saturday with the ORR 101 folks. Need to learn how to use a winch properly incase I ever find the extra coin to purchase one. Anyway, stop by and say hi. This is me View attachment 157204

Great ! Look forward to meeting you man!
I had a crash course of trying to replicate what i saw on youtube using my winch in the mud at 11pm at night. haha

but heres my rig the natural green one.
IMG_5596.jpg

Napalm

Mud is something I try to stay from as well. LoL, keep an eye out on your PMs in the coming weeks incase you get moved up, I'll add you to the waiting list.

I'll also be out there on the Saturday with the ORR 101 folks. Need to learn how to use a winch properly incase I ever find the extra coin to purchase one. Anyway, stop by and say hi. This is me View attachment 157204

Kumar, we will be going over basic winching in the Pre-drivers meet, and then if needed on the trail... LoL!

Napalm

This should help get the juices flowin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=318&v=7gwZktu0YEU

It's a video from one of our club's recent events at Hidden Falls. Youtube search Jones Jeeps or Hill Country Crawlers...tons more videos. The respective facebook pages have a ton of pics too.

Great video... I'm gonna need you to hold off on those until it gets a little closer to october...:D

Seriously though, I'm truly kicking myself for scheduling our run for so far off.. But I was hoping for cooler weather in here in Texas.

Napalm

Jeep Bro 08 has Graciously given up his spot on this Newbie run so that someone else could attend. :)

Kumar

Great video... I'm gonna need you to hold off on those until it gets a little closer to october...:D

Seriously though, I'm truly kicking myself for scheduling our run for so far off.. But I was hoping for cooler weather in here in Texas.

Trust me, putting it off until October was a good move. I was out there today and it was blazing hot outside. That's heat takes away from the enjoyment a little, especially when you have the ol lady and kids complaining. Thankfully, I had put the top on before we went so they could sit in the A/C most of the time.

daverawr

Agreed with Kumar, you made the right choice for October... We were both out there today. Heat was kicking everyone. Went top off doors still on. wish i took doors off. got some pinstriping. but could be buffed out. Also make sure you guys got good sliders meant for rock crawling. went with some not meant for it, which i was trying to trade out for a better one but didnt have time, and i learned the hard way lol. Bout to order some Ace sliders and double up with rubi rails if possible.. Also a note to take down. make sure to do the back route to the tower. easy climb for anyone and a beautiful view for pics at the top :)

Napalm

Trust me, putting it off until October was a good move. I was out there today and it was blazing hot outside. That's heat takes away from the enjoyment a little, especially when you have the ol lady and kids complaining. Thankfully, I had put the top on before we went so they could sit in the A/C most of the time.

Yeah, nothing is more miserable to me that wheeling in triple digit heat. Why do you think the Winter wheeling is in winter? Hahaha

Agreed with Kumar, you made the right choice for October... We were both out there today. Heat was kicking everyone. Went top off doors still on. wish i took doors off. got some pinstriping. but could be buffed out. Also make sure you guys got good sliders meant for rock crawling. went with some not meant for it, which i was trying to trade out for a better one but didnt have time, and i learned the hard way lol. Bout to order some Ace sliders and double up with rubi rails if possible.. Also a note to take down. make sure to do the back route to the tower. easy climb for anyone and a beautiful view for pics at the top :)

Good info Dave. Hopefully the trees are parted enough on our run that no one comes away with any pin striping but if it happens, it happens. How was the dust?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Yeah, nothing is more miserable to me that wheeling in triple digit heat. Why do you think the Winter wheeling is in winter? Hahaha

Good info Dave. Hopefully the trees are parted enough on our run that no one comes away with any pin striping but if it happens, it happens. How was the dust?

Good luck on the pin striping. Put some Vaseline on your paint and leave the painted hardtop at home. Every time I go it's heavy pin striping.

daverawr

Dust.... To say the least was abundant. Haha. With 13 rigs. Hope you're not in the back all I can say.. The shade I had in place of the hardtop was helpful. But yeah if running no top make sure you wear sunglasses and a face mask. I went with no face mask and wasn't too bad. Just some of the trails are filled but some are not. Especially the park roads. If I can get a list of the trails we rode exactly they were very good. Some challenging spots but nothing a stock JK or JKU couldn't do.

USMC Wrangler

With Napalm's Jeep sold I just wanted to say I'm still in for this trip. I hope everyone else is too. I'd volunteer to take over, but I'm almost 8 hours away, don't know the park and have never lead a trip like this. I don't know what is left to do. Seems like the plan could just continue as written.

Honestly bummed to not get to see Onyx in person, but completely understand the move he made.

Kumar

Being at the beach, I'm a bit behind. Sorry to hear that Onxy was sold, but I'm still in for October!

Tcsmith

I'd like to be added to the waiting list. I just saw this thread and thought a newbie run would be perfect for me to start on. Here is a picture of my Jeep, I have evo sliders that are getting welded on next week.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439514799.453787.jpg

Angry Aussie

You may wanna let everyone knows it's pretty impossible to not come away with some pin striping from hidden falls. That's one thing the park does not do a good job of at all imo. So if anyone is really worried about pin striping then there will be some trails you won't wanna run.

Top Bottom