TEXAS: Locations & Wheeling Destinations Thread

RUBEERCON

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782080.550180.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782117.723434.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782132.208795.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782147.460741.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782167.897248.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782029.345708.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782029.345708.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 67
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782059.672471.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472782059.672471.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 67

RUBEERCON

Screwed the post up somehow, anyway I'll try again.

Okie chiming in...

Trust me I want to meet up with you guys in Texas but if your ready to travel out of state Disney is worth trying out.

It's free and requires no permits.

Disney Oklahoma is 5 hours from Dallas. Look it up if you have never been or heard of it. Don't go during the big meat unless you like huge ass crowds and tons of razors and rookies.

We have mild and steep rocky wooded trails, sculpted rock bottom trails created by dam water releases and long river bed runs. You can get gas within a mile of the trailheads, you can eat at 4 different restaurants within 2 miles and there is a state park with shower camping basically onsite. 2 car washes and a Napa auto parts store a mile away. A full size grocery store 2 miles away. Several small cabin resorts onsite if you don't like camping. I can even sleep around 10 people at my condo if needed.
( beer payments required )

It's a very scenic place, you wheel below the dam on the river. Look it over, I'm sure a few of you guys have been there. Not saying it's the best but it's pretty dam good, lots of people travel from far away to wheel here.

My buddy was telling me about Disney. He makes a trip to Clayton every year, but has been here a couple times. Looks awesome. I would love to make it there at some point. We can add it to the list, and well pack that condo of yours LOL

RUBEERCON

I like Clayton. Love SMORR in Mo. but it's a hike for you guys. Disney is neat because it's trail heads are basically on Main Street in between 2 small towns. Worth seeing once for sure.

Not kidding about the condo, I have room if we ever work up a trip.

Napalm

I'd love to get up to Clayton sometime next year. Heck, anything off road in OK is awesome in my book.

The Kraken

I'd be down for a run to Palo Duro sometime! I'd have to have advanced notice due to my job so I could request off. I work weekends so I'd have to request off but would love to go.

Jegar

They only allow wheeling on the property during certain events. Ied love to go and maybe if our run is big enough, we can apply for our own permit to run the place! It would be awesome! I've been there many times during college! The place is beautiful

I'm hoping to do the Palo Duro Challenge at the end of this month. Trail choice were "Difficult" and "Most Difficult."[emoji13] I haven't heard back yet after submitting my registration and payment some time ago -- don't know if I will be omitted due to length of off-road experience or if they are waiting for the Sept. 1 deadline to organize.

I'll post pictures if I get in, make it, and survive!q

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I'm hoping to do the Palo Duro Challenge at the end of this month. Trail choice were "Difficult" and "Most Difficult."[emoji13] I haven't heard back yet after submitting my registration and payment some time ago -- don't know if I will be omitted due to length of off-road experience or if they are waiting for the Sept. 1 deadline to organize.

I'll post pictures if I get in, make it, and survive!q

Good luck and will keep my eyes open for the pics if ya manage to make it in ...

Exodus 4x4

Who's up for a possible pre-run of the pre-run(s) at HF next weekend? I was thinking of going tomorrow but then realized it was a holiday weekend and I'd rather shave with broken glass than deal with that shit.

tdougherty81

Who's up for a possible pre-run of the pre-run(s) at HF next weekend? I was thinking of going tomorrow but then realized it was a holiday weekend and I'd rather shave with broken glass than deal with that shit.

I think that 4wheel parts thing is this weekend. We were planning on the Angelina national forest the following weekend.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I need rocks. First time to try the 37's WITH my front locker working.

I wish I could, but I'm too far to make a day trip. I wish I lived closer! I would go random weekends every time I got the itch. I'll have to settle for Angelina next weekend

I'm so glad you figured out the locker though! That's awesome!

Top Bottom