TEXAS: Locations & Wheeling Destinations Thread

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Thx! Just heard today that I'm in [emoji119]. Now I need to take my Jeep in to check everything after the recent EOS Windrock run

congrats on getting in for sure ....... keep a eye out for road runners seen more than a few when I was up there camping in the state park and even had one follow me while hiking down a trail ... thought that was pretty neat ... enjoy the views and if your out in the canyon at night be sure to look up simply amazing night skies in palo duro canyon can see a ton more than most spots ...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thx! Just heard today that I'm in [emoji119]🏻. Now I need to take my Jeep in to check everything after the recent EOS Windrock run

This is awesome! Plase take a camera and an extra memory card! Palo duro is BEAUTIFUL!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
After seeing Eddies latest post about the Trifecta, it has officially been added to this thread as a bucket list experience. Maybe if we coordinate well, we could even have Eddie trail lead?

Napalm

TEXAS: Locations & Wheeling Destinations Thread

After seeing Eddies latest post about the Trifecta, it has officially been added to this thread as a bucket list experience. Maybe if we coordinate well, we could even have Eddie trail lead?

Are you talking about going to the Dusy Ershim and the rubicon?!

Might have to rush those larger tires ;) haha

Jackal01

This would have to be a summer 2018 trip for us...at the earliest. But it does look like a blast.

Exodus 4x4

Are you talking about going to the Dusy Ershim and the rubicon?!

Might have to rush those larger tires ;) haha

This would have to be a summer 2018 trip for us...at the earliest. But it does look like a blast.

Depending on how well next years trip goes, this is kind of the tentative plan for the 2018 Exodus.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Depending on how well next years trip goes, this is kind of the tentative plan for the 2018 Exodus.

plan it for whatever week oct 2 falls in and you know I'm in lol .... should be able to get my lockers bought and installed well before then for sure as I plan to try for those in feb before I do a run in march sometime .

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
plan it for whatever week oct 2 falls in and you know I'm in lol .... should be able to get my lockers bought and installed well before then for sure as I plan to try for those in feb before I do a run in march sometime .

I think with trails like this, we should talk to the people who frequent these areas and choose our trip dates based on the best trail conditions. So it is a truely joyous cross country adventure

Exodus 4x4

Lol, we haven't even nailed down the dates for the 2017 trip yet. Pretty sure it'll be second half of September though.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I think with trails like this, we should talk to the people who frequent these areas and choose our trip dates based on the best trail conditions. So it is a truely joyous cross country adventure

while I will agree there for sure , just so happens that I try to plan things for when I know I will be taking off work and that is one week I take yearly as that happens to be my b-day .... and it goes in on jan 1st of every yr so there is never any doubt in my getting it ... ;)

BradsTj

I was out at Hidden Falls this last weekend, it was pretty soupy on some trails. But for it being a 4Wheel parts event, it was not as crowded as I pictured it would be. Hiddenfalls is fun, but take friends with you to make it better. The obstacles are not too hard, so it can be a easy day out enjoying the weather.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I was out at Hidden Falls this last weekend, it was pretty soupy on some trails. But for it being a 4Wheel parts event, it was not as crowded as I pictured it would be. Hiddenfalls is fun, but take friends with you to make it better. The obstacles are not too hard, so it can be a easy day out enjoying the weather.

The trails at hiddenfalls can range from mild to wild. From something a stock sport on street tires can enjoy, to obstacles requiring 37+ tires and front and rear lockers. That's one of the many things that are so appealing about the park. A lot of fun can be had by all, and one of the many reasons we constantly host newbie runs at this location. :thumb:

Top Bottom