TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Maybe a Hidden Falls trip in Mid November?

yeah, that might have to be arranged. but ill see who all is still willing to go for the 8th. and if it turns out more people want to join, then ill keep it for that day and try my best to make another run out over there the next time anyone wants to do a run mid November/ early December.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
hey guys, well i wasnt going to end up going to HF. rather i was thinking texas off road ranch. but seeing as how i still have to travel 2 hours to get there, might as well travel that extra 2 hours and go to HF.
so if anyone else is going i will still be there Nov.8 around 9:30 if all goes well

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I have a group of guys from East TX going to Barnwell Mtn. OHV park Nov. 8th if anyone is interested in hooking up with us. Should be a good group. Not all are WAYALIFERS but it will be good fun. We typically run ch.23 on the CB. We usually try to get there about 9 or 9:30. It's a 2hr drive from Nacogdoches.

Post up in here if your interested in meeting up. :beer:

I'd love to make it to HF but we already had the Barnwell trip planned. You guys have fun! Hopefully I can make it in the spring.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I have a group of guys from East TX going to Barnwell Mtn. OHV park Nov. 8th if anyone is interested in hooking up with us. Should be a good group. Not all are WAYALIFERS but it will be good fun. We typically run ch.23 on the CB. We usually try to get there about 9 or 9:30. It's a 2hr drive from Nacogdoches.

Post up in here if your interested in meeting up. :beer:

I'd love to make it to HF but we already had the Barnwell trip planned. You guys have fun! Hopefully I can make it in the spring.

hey john! long time no see
how are the trails over there? moderate, difficult?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
hey john! long time no see
how are the trails over there? moderate, difficult?

There is everything from super easy to super gnarly! It's really a totally different experience than Hidden Falls. Your in the woods on 90% of all the trails and there are a lot of washes and erosion trails that are constantly changing. It's all iron ore and red clay/dirt. It's pretty cool and challenging.

lots of steep climbs with good size rocks and these odd ledges that are thin rock with dirt underneath.

5HQa6kr - Imgur.jpg

b7OWSmZ - Imgur.jpg

Just caught up on this thread. Hope all you guys are doing well!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
There is everything from super easy to super gnarly! It's really a totally different experience than Hidden Falls. Your in the woods on 90% of all the trails and there are a lot of washes and erosion trails that are constantly changing. It's all iron ore and red clay/dirt. It's pretty cool and challenging.

lots of steep climbs with good size rocks and these odd ledges that are thin rock with dirt underneath.

View attachment 108287

View attachment 108288

Just caught up on this thread. Hope all you guys are doing well!

well John, i was going to have a run at HF, but everyone had a change of plans. so if its alright, i would love to join up with your group to Barnwell!
always interested in wheeling a new place!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
C'mon up we'd be glad to have you!. Check hotels in Gilmer and here in Nac. It's about 2 hours from here to the park. We meet as a group and convoy up there. PM me when you get some plans together.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
We will probably have at least two camping at Barnwell overnight Saturday night. They also have some small cabins available for rent if you want to camp or stay at Barnwell. Just let me know. I don't have a room for Friday night but if you want to stay in Nac. Saturday night you can crash here. It's two hours closer to H-town then Gilmer or Barnwell. Anyway let me know.

Here is a link to the park http://www.barnwellmountainra.com

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
C'mon up we'd be glad to have you!. Check hotels in Gilmer and here in Nac. It's about 2 hours from here to the park. We meet as a group and convoy up there. PM me when you get some plans together.

WAYALIFE APP 

We will probably have at least two camping at Barnwell overnight Saturday night. They also have some small cabins available for rent if you want to camp or stay at Barnwell. Just let me know. I don't have a room for Friday night but if you want to stay in Nac. Saturday night you can crash here. It's two hours closer to H-town then Gilmer or Barnwell. Anyway let me know.

Here is a link to the park http://www.barnwellmountainra.com

Awesome! me and the fiancée were planning on heading out Saturday morning at 5 or 5:30 to try to get there by 9:30. And thanks for the link the cabins look pretty awesome!
And thank you for the hospitality, but we wouldn't want to be a burden so if worst comes to worse we'll crash at a hotel on the way home or rent one of those cool cabins :yup:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Awesome! me and the fiancée were planning on heading out Saturday morning at 5 or 5:30 to try to get there by 9:30. And thanks for the link the cabins look pretty awesome!
And thank you for the hospitality, but we wouldn't want to be a burden so if worst comes to worse we'll crash at a hotel on the way home or rent one of those cool cabins :yup:

Sounds good. I'll PM you my number. We should be at the park by 9:30 or 10:00. We most likely will be running on ch.23 if you have a CB.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Here are some shots of our Saturday at Barnwell Mtn. No pics of me but that's what happens when your the photographer. :cool: Thanks for coming up Nick it was an awesome day of wheeling!

Barnwell_11_8_2014-2.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-3.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-4.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-5.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-14.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-15.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-16.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-17.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-19.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-23.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-33.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-35.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-36.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-39.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-45.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-47.jpg

Barnwell_11_8_2014-49.jpg

Last edited:

shadow21

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415532159.248311.jpg

Be glad you decided on not going to Marble Falls. Not my pic it's from a local page. Nobody was seriously injured either

Angry Aussie

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Sorry I couldn't be there but will make the next one. Nick jeep looks amazing! And of course the most important thing is congratulations!!! When did yall get engaged? I wanna hear about it. That's so exciting.

iRonin

Great pics, went to Barnwell earlier this year and really enjoyed the snakey nature of a lot of the trails there. Tearing through cow shit wasn't my favorite part but it was fun nevertheless :)

Sent via Ansible

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Here are some shots of our Saturday at Barnwell Mtn. No pics of me but that's what happens when your the photographer. :cool: Thanks for coming up Nick it was an awesome day of wheeling!

anytime man, thank you for the invite! and dont worry we got a few shots of your rig ;)
my laptop is acting up so i will try and get the photos up in a couple of days!
we had a blast, we all need to go soon!

View attachment 110106

Be glad you decided on not going to Marble Falls. Not my pic it's from a local page. Nobody was seriously injured either

wow, i wonder what trail/how that happened? wonder if they were just going to fast or had bad spotting/judgment.

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Sorry I couldn't be there but will make the next one. Nick jeep looks amazing! And of course the most important thing is congratulations!!! When did yall get engaged? I wanna hear about it. That's so exciting.

next time we'll all go and have a good run! and thank you for the compliment and congrats!
its been a couple of weeks already. (i lose track of time so i forget exact dates lol)

Great pics, went to Barnwell earlier this year and really enjoyed the snakey nature of a lot of the trails there. Tearing through cow shit wasn't my favorite part but it was fun nevertheless :)

ive never wheeled in and around so many trees lol. but as you said very fun!!

Sent via ipad

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
sorry guys im trying to uplaod the rest but for some reason its not letting me :grayno:
ive never really uploaded on here so its being a bit of a PITA lol

Last edited:

el_chupo_

Just finding this myself, will keep an eye out for events. Dont forget to include Canvas JK if sending out info, he is here in the DFW area now.

Top Bottom