TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Haha right! Trying is all I do at the moment. How do you like the Evo level kit? Did you go with the springs or spacer lift? I've been playing with the idea just to get a little more height... I really don't want to put any money into the suspension until I'm ready for the new tires though... but since adding the winch, I noticed the front suspension in pretty stiff now that it's weighted down.

im assuming this one was for me wiggles, showing up as a completely different thread you quoted lol

But yes i really enjoy the Evo leveling kit. It came with the 2" springs in the front and the 3/4" puck in the rear. i had the stiffest springs in the front and rear. since i heard that the plush rides rode very nice, i figured wth and went with it to change the front spring out rather than putting a front puck. i also put the rear puck in since i never minded a little nose rake, rather than a rear rake. surprisingly the front end sat just a tad bit higher when i installed it. i netted slightly over 2 and a quarter. so even with the rear puck it sat a little nose high. but once it settled it looks perfectly leveled.
and i didnt want to throw any money into the suspension either, which is why i bought the wrangler new so i can see what a stock Rubi can do. but the moment i took it out i soon found out the belly takes a beating! so after wheeling it a good amount and about 9500 miles later and noticing the belly hits everything. i got the leveling kit since you can keep everything stock other than the front spring. but holy cow what a difference it made. i wasnt hitting anything nearly as often as i was pre lift.
reason i got it also was because i wanted to keep a LCG and was going to go 35s with it. i just recently installed the Rancho 9000s because i felt my front rubi shocks were kind of shot already so i got all 4. also i kinda hated how the leveling kit made the wheels and tires look like they stuck inside the fender well so much that it made my wrangler look like it was on roller skates lol. so i bought the Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers and now it made the tires look a lot more full and i dont rub on the sway bar anymore ( i rubbed on it even before the lift was on). the ride couldnt be any better! well it could with some bolt on kings but, thats way later lol.

sorry for the rant! hadnt noticed i was going off way into my life story :cheesy:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Im planning on Evo when I go up in height, but this far I am pretty happy with the Rancho 2" lift.

When the $56 rebate shows up, I am going to be into the lift at $331. Keep it in mind too.

Appreciate the wishes Nick, and just got the call, headed to the hospital now. Hopefully a healthy new little person soon..

yes wiggles, also keep the rancho 2" lift in mind as well. i hear their comparable to the plush rides. i was going to go with Rancho but at the time the rebate had just ended. so thats why i went Evo. you can get the whole lift cheaper than what you could just the shocks themselves! thats pretty nice.

haha nice 👶🏻

tdougherty81

Its that time again for nice weather to show its face! and so with that, I have been wanting to make a wayalife run out to Hidden Falls Adventure Park. I figured since I will be off Memorial Day (Monday, May 25th). I will be heading out for that weekend (23rd-24th). I wanted to give enough notice to those who would like to join. Let me know if your interested!

Going:
Texas Nick

Maybe:
DWiggles
JEEPAlexander14
SmokinV10
Jackal01
el_chupo_

Put me down.

USMC Wrangler

Its that time again for nice weather to show its face! and so with that, I have been wanting to make a wayalife run out to Hidden Falls Adventure Park. I figured since I will be off Memorial Day (Monday, May 25th). I will be heading out for that weekend (23rd-24th). I wanted to give enough notice to those who would like to join. Let me know if your interested!

Going:
Texas Nick
tdougherty81

Maybe:
DWiggles
JEEPAlexander14
SmokinV10
Jackal01
el_chupo_

I'm interested, but have never been there. Can you give this newb some basic rig/equip requirements so I'm not a thorn in anyone's fun? I'd have to see if I can get the time off work too. Thanks!

I'm interested, but have never been there. Can you give this newb some basic rig/equip requirements so I'm not a thorn in anyone's fun? I'd have to see if I can get the time off work too. Thanks!

I have a friend that went with a stock 2 door rubicon and did up to the level 5 trails, which is almost all of it. You may have to bypass some obstacles but it will still be fun

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

my JKU is a stock 4 door, and I have ran ALMOST the whole place, most of the level 5 trails, but it is a little hard in a stock jeep. but definately doable, just KNOW when to bypass. lol:thumb:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Perfect, thanks! Put me down as a "maybe" while I sort out my work schedule.

if your not planning on doing anything to knarly, all i would suggest is to bring some snacks/food and drinks in a cooler. that sun is going to be beating down and the stores are a bit of a drive. also they have air compressors over there to air back up if needed.
just put you down on the list :thumb:

USMC Wrangler

if your not planning on doing anything to knarly, all i would suggest is to bring some snacks/food and drinks in a cooler. that sun is going to be beating down and the stores are a bit of a drive. also they have air compressors over there to air back up if needed.
just put you down on the list :thumb:

I just got the bad news/good news thing. Bad news...can't make this one. Good news...HOLIDAY PAY FOR JEEP PARTS!

Sorry, I was hoping to make it. I'll keep an eye on this thread though for future runs. Have fun! :yup:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I just got the bad news/good news thing. Bad news...can't make this one. Good news...HOLIDAY PAY FOR JEEP PARTS!

Sorry, I was hoping to make it. I'll keep an eye on this thread though for future runs. Have fun! :yup:

atleast something good came out of it :thumb:
sorry to here you wont be able to make this run. but will hopefully see you on the next Texas run.

el_chupo_

Sister had a 9lb 13oz baby and both are home and doing great.

Wife ended up with the more invasive, but more comprehensive surgery, and got home yesterday afternoon, but the recovery will probably be on the long side of 4-6 weeks. At this point it is not looking like I am going to be able to make it, but still have the fingers crossed.

Top Bottom