TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

Angry Aussie

Kids or not usually always family friendly as long as long as a few bad words won't offend anyone. Oh almost forgot can't be offended by a few beers either. I usually always have a buddy come with me and I let them do a lot of the trail driving my rig while I have a few beers and take pictures and videos.

Don't worry I should be able to do some runs between now and June. Late April and early May I won't be able to do much, but any other time between now and the time it gets to hot I'm in.

Maybe we can start working on an April or May run.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Some language wouldn't be a problem. I'll have to see what I can do.

Wait, I don't have kids this month on the 19th. I think I must have been looking at a different month.
I got the thumbs up from the GF - she wants to go. Just Let me know when and where, etc., and I can be there.

Im glad to hear it! We gotta see where we are going to run after all.its between K2 and Hidden Falls

I wont be able to attend this time, I have no rocker protection yet, and no way to carry my spare... waiting on my damn bonus from 2015, should have it hopefully next week, then I can spend a little on the jeep... :naw:

Whats wrong with your stock Rubi rails? They dont work with the long arms?

Angry Aussie

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457146321.934266.jpg

Looks like we are going to Hidden Falls in the 19th Nick! This picture is on katemcy rocks website. Looks like it will be packed with toyotas and land cruisers so I say we go to hidden falls and maybe do K2 in April. I'm dying to get out there seems how it's more of real rock crawling as opposed to trailing at hidden falls.

But for the 19 I think we better just go to hidden falls.

Kyle7R

I wont be able to attend this time, I have no rocker protection yet, and no way to carry my spare... waiting on my damn bonus from 2015, should have it hopefully next week, then I can spend a little on the jeep... :naw:

At least you get one. Doesn't look like bonus for us this year as well.

What are bonuses???? :thinking:

I got my 2015 bonus today.

Aaaaaaaaaand it's gone. None of it spent on anything fun either.

I wish I could make it out there on the 19th but I think work is going to interfere with that.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
View attachment 191342

Looks like we are going to Hidden Falls in the 19th Nick! This picture is on katemcy rocks website. Looks like it will be packed with toyotas and land cruisers so I say we go to hidden falls and maybe do K2 in April. I'm dying to get out there seems how it's more of real rock crawling as opposed to trailing at hidden falls.

But for the 19 I think we better just go to hidden falls.

Sounds good to me! This could be a warm up run before we actually hit K2 in April :thumb:
Any of y'all been to Wolf Caves yet in Mason? Www.wolfcaves.com

I heard its a relatively new park that just opened. Havent been yet, but is on the list after Katemcy Rocks.

Angry Aussie

I haven't heard of that place but let's put it on the list for after K2. I'm ready to start going to some new spots. Hidden falls is awesome but can get old pretty quick.

I'll look up that other spot and see how things look.

Nice we may be coming to Houston in a couple of weeks to play golf at the new golf course that tiger woods designed for a weekend. I'll let you know when we plan to do that, maybe we can hangout whenever I'm not on the course

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I haven't heard of that place but let's put it on the list for after K2. I'm ready to start going to some new spots. Hidden falls is awesome but can get old pretty quick.

I'll look up that other spot and see how things look.

Nice we may be coming to Houston in a couple of weeks to play golf at the new golf course that tiger woods designed for a weekend. I'll let you know when we plan to do that, maybe we can hangout whenever I'm not on the course

I just looked it up and its actually a stone throw away from K2. Cant be but a 10-15 min drive difference.
Yeah im with you on that one. Im always willing to see/wheel difference parks and places!

Awesome man, wasnt even aware they made a new golf course here lol
But for sure, just give me a call when your in town :thumb:

Sithwindu

I just looked it up and its actually a stone throw away from K2. Cant be but a 10-15 min drive difference.
Yeah im with you on that one. Im always willing to see/wheel difference parks and places!

Awesome man, wasnt even aware they made a new golf course here lol
But for sure, just give me a call when your in town :thumb:

There is a fence splitting k2 and caves. And from what I heard is just as difficult as k2

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Whats wrong with your stock Rubi rails? They dont work with the long arms?

As my jeep is a hardrock, I have the mopar premium tube sliders, and they rub my 37s. If I trim them, they will still server their purpose, but will no longer be symmetrical thanks to the tubes. Maybe that wouldn't bother some, but for me, I'ed rather not trim them and sell them unmolested. I am HOPEFULLY going to get some time today to clean them up, snap some pics, and post them in the for sale section along with the hardrock black wheels & tires, shocks, jkur springs, stock control arms... looks like my review at work is Monday Morning, so we'll see about the bonus... fingers crossed it's not another layoff...

Napalm

As my jeep is a hardrock, I have the mopar premium tube sliders, and they rub my 37s. If I trim them, they will still server their purpose, but will no longer be symmetrical thanks to the tubes. Maybe that wouldn't bother some, but for me, I'ed rather not trim them and sell them unmolested. I am HOPEFULLY going to get some time today to clean them up, snap some pics, and post them in the for sale section along with the hardrock black wheels & tires, shocks, jkur springs, stock control arms... looks like my review at work is Monday Morning, so we'll see about the bonus... fingers crossed it's not another layoff...

D are you getting rid of the shocks also?

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Wasnt aware you had the premium ones. Hopefully you get some sliders and a carrier soon :thumb:

Angry Aussie

Good thing we aren't gonna wheel this weekend. Me and my weak self just hurt myself putting on the front passenger door. Some how the door started to slip out of my hand and when I went to save it, I ended up pulling something in my back and chest and can hardly move around at all. Definitely King jackass of the day award will go to me today. Can't believe I just did that.

Top Bottom