TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

Napalm

Texas guys(posted this in the Houston thread also) - planning another spring time Barnwell trip! 2 solid days of wheeling with one night of camping and good times! Just waiting for a few things to fall into place with work so I can nail down a date and post up a thread.

Thinking Late March/April/Early May. How's that? I'll try and give 2 months notice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

moteaux

Texas guys(posted this in the Houston thread also) - planning another spring time Barnwell trip! 2 solid days of wheeling with one night of camping and good times! Just waiting for a few things to fall into place with work so I can nail down a date and post up a thread.

Thinking Late March/April/Early May. How's that? I'll try and give 2 months notice.

Tagging to follow. Interested if my work rotation works out for the date

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

Depending on the date I'm interested.

Rocksalt

Figured I post a new thread for Texas wayalifers who would like to meet up. We have been using the "all my Texas Neighbors" thread but I thought this would be a little more convenient for those looking to get out and wheel.

As it stands right now we will be going to Hidden Falls on 22 March 2014 and 5 April 2014 (Tenative on weather of course) Anyone would like to join please let me know. We can discuss places to meet up and convoy if need be later on.

Any off road vehicles welcome. They have many trails that stock or "stockish" jeeps can do as well as some hardcore buggy trails. All envited!!!! If stock rigs show up we will run trails that the stock rigs can handle and break off at some point to hit the harder trails for awhile. We can meet back up and run some more trails together.

People going on 5 April:
1. 13Gecko + wife's Jeep
2. Angry Aussie
4. 2012CrushJKU
5. JEEPnGEO
6. Texas Nick

Possible for 5 April:
1. Anviljk

awesome

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Are newbies invited?

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes! Invited, welcomed and encouraged! We run relatively large newbie groups at the bigger wheeling parks in texas. Usually at Hiddenfalls, which is located in Marble Falls, Tx; and Barnwell Mountain OHV, in Gilmer, Tx.

The runs are usually lead and tailguned by someone whos jeep isn't as built up, someone who just wants to help, or even more experienced "newbies" who want to take on a little more, but are not yet comfortable on the more agressive trails.

The newbie group leader and gunner will try to address any questions, and help teach everyone the basics, like how to disconnect the front sway bar, airing down, spotter ques and simple convoy CB edict before heading out on the trail. After everyone is in their jeeps and on the trail, they will help spot trail lines, aproach angle, etc, and help first timers slowly realize how capable your jeep actually is. Most of these runs can be done in a stock jeep, though a CB radio, full size spair and recovery gear is highly recommended.

Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Top Bottom