TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

RockyJk

Houston is a big place, stay close to training facility cause traffic is a bitch,and don't forget your gun,lol

Good to know haven't used my gun in a long time haha I live in San Bernardino CA it has the highest crime rate in the nation lol

Stay out of the city itself if you can. Stay away from Heights, Downtown, Montrose, Westhimer, UH area, Greenpoint, anything in the vicinity of Veterans Memorial. Where is the training center?
It is at the UTI campus in Houston

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

moteaux

Got a question for you Texas Wayalifers, I'm supposed to move to Houston next May for a Cummins training program. What areas should I stay away from as far as housing goes? Don't want to get shot in the 3-4 months I'm going to be there lol

From google maps location, you are positioned well enough to get decent place. Below the UTI location is the Greenspoint area which can be bad. UTI itself is on the East side of I45 between it and the Hardy toll. I would look in the area of the training facility, but west of 45. Others may have better advice. I live in Conroe, which is north and it's about a 30 min drive to that area 6:30 am. Just depends on how long you are willing to deal with being in the car each day.

Kyle7R

Got a question for you Texas Wayalifers, I'm supposed to move to Houston next May for a Cummins training program. What areas should I stay away from as far as housing goes? Don't want to get shot in the 3-4 months I'm going to be there lol

For fuck's sake guys, you aren't just going to "get shot" for being inside the loop.

I live in the 'burbs and there are just as many crazy idiots out here as there are inside the city.

Where is the training facility at, and how long are you going to be here? I might suggest even looking at contacting a realtor, they can even help you find an apartment or another rental type property.

Are you bringing a family?

Are you bringing a vehicle?

Do you prefer to be close to all the "happenings" around town?

Do you prefer to be remote and some place quiet?

Carrying your CHL isn't a bad idea, but it's not the wild fucking west out here. :bleh:

For fuck's sake guys, you aren't just going to "get shot" for being inside the loop.

I live in the 'burbs and there are just as many crazy idiots out here as there are inside the city.

Where is the training facility at, and how long are you going to be here? I might suggest even looking at contacting a realtor, they can even help you find an apartment or another rental type property.

Are you bringing a family?

Are you bringing a vehicle?

Do you prefer to be close to all the "happenings" around town?

Do you prefer to be remote and some place quiet?

Carrying your CHL isn't a bad idea, but it's not the wild fucking west out here. :bleh:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Patrick and I live inside the loop just south of the Heights and we're still alive :bleh:

tdougherty81

...We need to go wheeling...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Amen!!!! Second that.

I couldn't agree more!

Do you even wheel? Lol!

We do need to go, but I really should get my front end fixed up before another trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'll be ready to wheel in January once I install my lift.

Bradjk88

If this thread is still active, I'm Baton Rouge native but would love to make a trip out there sometime after the first and try out hidden falls (think that's the name) but would make a trip out of it if y'all have anything planned, probably get a buddy or 2 to ride out with there's. Will have to make something happen.

If this thread is still active, I'm Baton Rouge native but would love to make a trip out there sometime after the first and try out hidden falls (think that's the name) but would make a trip out of it if y'all have anything planned, probably get a buddy or 2 to ride out with there's. Will have to make something happen.

Most definitely still active. Just haven't done a run since the last official Hidden Falls trip. We are all itching and I'm sure something will happen after the holidays.

Angry Aussie

I'm going out the weekend of the 14-15, just gonna be a day run for me. It will also depend on the weather, if it's cold and wet I won't go out. I should know more Around the 6 or 7th. Keep y'all posted

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
...We need to go wheeling...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Amen!!!! Second that.

Most definitely still active. Just haven't done a run since the last official Hidden Falls trip. We are all itching and I'm sure something will happen after the holidays.

Idk about yall but ive gotten my fix a few times after that run [emoji14]

Do you even wheel? Lol!

We do need to go, but I really should get my front end fixed up before another trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll be ready to wheel in January once I install my lift.
Let me know if yall need help, or some company while yall work on it [emoji6]
I'm going out the weekend of the 14-15, just gonna be a day run for me. It will also depend on the weather, if it's cold and wet I won't go out. I should know more Around the 6 or 7th. Keep y'all posted

Hey Ian, still down to go to K2 or wolf Caves?
I was planning on finally making a run over there once my new rear axle shafts come in.

Angry Aussie

Idk about yall but ive gotten my fix a few times after that run [emoji14]

Let me know if yall need help, or some company while yall work on it [emoji6]

Hey Ian, still down to go to K2 or wolf Caves?
I was planning on finally making a run over there once my new rear axle shafts come in.

Yes I'm down. Either should work. When are your shafts coming in?

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Nice! I feel like its time to go down there already.
Idk, I ordered them on cyber Monday from Trail Jeeps. Still havent heard back from them, so im just here waiting like a fat kid with a twinkie dangling in front of him [emoji53]

Top Bottom