TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Chunk the hell out of them and go to 40's!!

Lol nah, I'm leaning more towards a full float PR60 rear and a PR44 up front. Idk if my wheeling will ever justify 40s. But if the LS happens... that's a new game. Right now I'm focused on tools and recovery. You can only get by for so long with 1 strap, 4 D-ring, and a winch. Heck, I don't even own a tree saver! I would also like to start carrying more tools, fluids, etc to be better prepared WHEN someone breaks

Last edited:

Kyle7R

Lol nah, I'm leaning more towards a full float PR60 rear and a PR44 up front. Idk if my wheeling will ever justify 40s. But if the LS happens... that's a new game. Right now I'm focused on tools and recovery. You can only get by for so long with 1 strap, 4 D-ring, and a winch. Heck, I don't even own a tree saver! I would also like to start carrying more tools, fluids, etc to be better prepared WHEN someone breaks

You've got all these plans, and I'm over here like...

Attachments

• 1471034526882.jpg
    1471034526882.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 76

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So I was thinking a thread of "wanted trip destinations" could be pretty cool, Like a check list of places in/around texas that everyone would like the check out/wheel, and as we plan trips, we can work our way to checking off destinations from that list. What do you guys think?

A few Examples of places I personally would like to check out in the future: (not exactly in any order)
  • Big Bend National Park (more overland, camping, and site seeing)
  • Wolf Caves (Wheeling)
  • Escondido Draw Recreation Area (Wheeling)
  • Canyons Off Road Park (Wheeling)
  • Katemcy Rocks "K2" (Wheeling)
  • Jacobs Well (not really a wheeling trip)
  • Northwest OHV Park (wheeling)

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Great idea. I would put Palo Duro Canyon on that list too.

Palo Duro would be AWESOME! aside from planning it with a big run like the jeep challenge or some other large event. Maybe if we can get enough WALers together though, we can do like Eddie did for the Bedeviled Run, and get our own permit to access the trails? :daydream:

Last edited:

Napalm

The Kiamichi trail that runs through Arkansas/Oklahoma is awesome and I'd love to go through it with the wayalife family. Might organize a run for next spring... ;) it's very mild, but the scenery is incredible.

Exodus 4x4

So I was thinking a thread of "wanted trip destinations" could be pretty cool, Like a check list of places in/around texas that everyone would like the check out/wheel, and as we plan trips, we can work our way to checking off destinations from that list. What do you guys think?

A few Examples of places I personally would like to check out in the future: (not exactly in any order)
  • Wolf Caves (Wheeling)

Escondido might happen in November.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

• Wolf Caves (Wheeling)
Great idea man! That'd be pretty cool.
Great idea. I would put Palo Duro Canyon on that list too.
Never heard of that place but just looked it up and man! Amazing scenery there.
The Kiamichi trail that runs through Arkansas/Oklahoma is awesome and I'd love to go through it with the wayalife family. Might organize a run for next spring... ;) it's very mild, but the scenery is incredible.
Im gonna have to take your word on this one [emoji6]
Escondido might happen in November.

Fuckin A [emoji41]

JDalcour

You can wheel pretty hard at Big Bend , you just have to ask the locals for the "hard" trails that the main park wont tell you about, there definition of "extreme" off roading is black gap trail lol. its a nice trail but nothing that will twist your axles up. super scenic though.

Mizippi

East Texas

All, is there any place to wheel (no mud) around Toledo Bend? I am headed that way for a family trip the first week in September. Thx in advance!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You can wheel pretty hard at Big Bend , you just have to ask the locals for the "hard" trails that the main park wont tell you about, there definition of "extreme" off roading is black gap trail lol. its a nice trail but nothing that will twist your axles up. super scenic though.

Details please?

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug

I'm game for this ... did some looking at work last night printed out the trail map and all ... I figure when I go on my vacation in mid march its gonna happen

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
All, is there any place to wheel (no mud) around Toledo Bend? I am headed that way for a family trip the first week in September. Thx in advance!

heck man Toledo bend is right there smack in the Sabine n.f. all you gotta do is head down a forest road or two , most are pretty tame muddy when its been raining like it has , possibly a wash out or two that will close the forest road off ... but you got Angelina n.f. along with Davey Crockett all within a couple hours drive

Rb1boxer_3

Meet ups just looking to post here for a Suds N Grub before making a new thread. Anyone around San Antonio for one on Oct 21st or 22nd.

Out in the Boonies

Top Bottom