The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

OhNoTheJiggies

So we thought we were running late so going to be in albequrqe tonight lol...
Because of the mistaken date, didn't get to install rear control arms or front axle shafts and a few little things... so we will see how the jeep fares as is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

Just a heads up...I may be putting together a slightly revised schedule for this trip to make it family friendly for my kiddos. Not leave as early, maybe not run some of the tougher trails in Moab (unless there's always a bypass?), etc. We'll do our best to stay with group but the goal for this trip is family vacation for us.
We may be doing something similar because it's a family vacation for us too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Anyone need/want stock lower control arms, sway bar links, front driveshaft, or drag link? Happy to bring along and sell to you Texas boys.

Also a reminder to download any GPS tracks before you leave. I'll be loading up Gaia for the iPad.

Last edited:

Kyle7R

:gaah: :banghead:

Last minute cancellation due to my wife. I can't leave her behind on an experience like this.

Anyone last minute who wants to go and needs KOA cabin reservations @ Albuquerque & Moab, and a cabin on the river at "Ouray RV park and cabins"... just pay me the deposit fees, and i'll call them to switch the reservation to your name... Shoot me your phone number via PM before I call to cancel. I'll either call you, or call them to cancel the reservations after work today (about 1 hr from now)

:furious3: :banghead: :banghead: :tearsdrip:

Houston guys, have a beer with Kyle for me... :(
Awww man, really hate to hear that. Just know that you and Ashmita always are welcome up here anytime.

Hope everything is alright brother!

GraniteCrystal

So here is the itinerary we're thinking of doing (subject to change). Obviously I hope it overlaps with the group as much as possible, but it'll be me, my wife, our 2.5 year old and our 6 month old, so we roll a little differently.

Main changes:
-maybe hitting the trails a little later in the morning (not sure what group has in mind)
-not running Cliff Hanger (more than I want to bite off with kids in the Jeep and my current skill level)
-hiking Delicate Arch (while group runs Cliff Hanger)

Anyone welcome to hop on the "kid-friendly-itinerary" :)

Friday
9am: leave the house
12pm: stop for lunch
1pm: start driving again
4pm: arrive in Ouray and check in
5pm: drive over to meet up with friends, eat dinner
8pm: go to bed

Saturday
630am: wake up
730am: wake up kids
830am: head out, run Black Bear
12pm: lunch in Telluride
1pm: head out of Telluride, run Imogene Pass
6pm: arrive back in Ouray, eat dinner

Sunday
830am: head out, run Engineer Pass
1230pm: lunch in Lake City
130pm: head out, run Cinnamon Pass to California Pass

Monday
7am: wake up
8am: wake up kids
9am: head out, drive to Moab
12pm: arrive in Moab, check in
1pm: eat lunch in Moab
2pm: head out, run Top of the World
6pm: arrive back in Moab, eat dinner

Tuesday
830am: head out, run Fins n Things
12pm: lunch on trail
1pm: run Hells Revenge
5pm: back in Moab, eat dinner

Wednesday
830am: head out, hike the Delicate Arch while group runs Cliff Hanger
12pm: lunch in Moab
1pm: meet up with group, run Poison Spider Mesa

Thursday
730am: wake up
830am: wake up kids
10am: check out
12pm: stop for lunch in Grand Junction
1pm: keep driving
5pm: arrive home

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
So here is the itinerary we're thinking of doing (subject to change). Obviously I hope it overlaps with the group as much as possible, but it'll be me, my wife, our 2.5 year old and our 6 month old, so we roll a little differently.

Main changes:
-maybe hitting the trails a little later in the morning (not sure what group has in mind)
-not running Cliff Hanger (more than I want to bite off with kids in the Jeep and my current skill level)
-hiking Delicate Arch (while group runs Cliff Hanger)

Anyone welcome to hop on the "kid-friendly-itinerary" :)

Friday
9am: leave the house
12pm: stop for lunch
1pm: start driving again
4pm: arrive in Ouray and check in
5pm: drive over to meet up with friends, eat dinner

Saturday
830am: head out, run Black Bear
12pm: lunch in Telluride
1pm: head out of Telluride, run Imogene Pass

Sunday
830am: head out, run Engineer Pass
1230pm: lunch in Lake City
130pm: head out, run Cinnamon Pass to California Pass

Monday
7am: wake up
8am: wake up kids
9am: head out, drive to Moab
12pm: arrive in Moab, check in
1pm: eat lunch in Moab
2pm: head out, run Top of the World
6pm: arrive back in Moab, eat dinner

Tuesday
830am: head out, run Fins n Things
12pm: lunch on trail
1pm: run Hells Revenge

Wednesday
830am: head out, hike the Delicate Arch while group runs Cliff Hanger
12pm: lunch in Moab
1pm: meet up with group, run Poison Spider Mesa

Thursday
730am: wake up
830am: wake up kids
10am: check out
12pm: stop for lunch in Grand Junction
1pm: keep driving
5pm: arrive home

You're going to run Hell's Revenge & Poison Spider with a 6 month old in the rig?...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
A late start on Top of the World...with a 6 month old...if you have a mechanical problem, you might be spending the night on the trail?...or running it in the dark?

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
A late start on Top of the World...with a 6 month old...if you have a mechanical problem, you might be spending the night on the trail?...or running it in the dark?

Not really , took me about 90 min one way from Dewey bridge back when i ran it , its not a bad run honestly prolly a bit faster had i disco'ed for it and with a little more lift as i only have 2" and had to chose my lines a bit more carefully than someone might with 3" or more ... so giving that extra hour in there i would say gtg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
:gaah: :banghead:

Last minute cancellation due to my wife. I can't leave her behind on an experience like this.

Anyone last minute who wants to go and needs KOA cabin reservations @ Albuquerque & Moab, and a cabin on the river at "Ouray RV park and cabins"... just pay me the deposit fees, and i'll call them to switch the reservation to your name... Shoot me your phone number via PM before I call to cancel. I'll either call you, or call them to cancel the reservations after work today (about 1 hr from now)

:furious3: :banghead: :banghead: :tearsdrip:

Houston guys, have a beer with Kyle for me... :(
Shame to hear it .. ĺeast for me i was able to bow out early.. being this late in the game its gotta be a downer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

You're going to run Hell's Revenge & Poison Spider with a 6 month old in the rig?...

Ed, totally open to your advice here as a father and someone who has run these trails. Please speak freely and PLEASE, tell me if you think this a terrible idea. Plenty of trails in Moab so I'm happy to switch them out for something else.

Whole group is running Top of the World the first day in the afternoon so we should be with the group for that one. If that helps.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
This sounds like an awesome trip... forever wishing I could go lol. If anyone finds themselves in Omaha while traveling let me know.. dinner on me! :thumb:

Top Bottom