The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Kilroy

Where are we meeting up at? When we are in ABQ I must be also missing something, please update the original post so all can get on the same page. Times date location

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
9/21: Drive to Albuquerque

9/22: Travel to Ouray Colorado and check in at the KOA. Relax and take it easy the rest of the day.

9/23: Black Bear Pass in the morning to Telluride where we'll eat lunch. In the afternoon we'll take Imogene Pass back to Ouray. (Off roading)

9/24: Travel the 65 miles of the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. Engineer Pass to Lake City, then back around Ouray through Cinnamon Pass and California pass. Inspect rigs for travel. (Off roading)

9/25: Break camp and travel to Moab, Utah. Set up camp and then run Top of the World. (Off roading)

9/26: Fins and Things in the morning, Hells Revenge in the afternoon. (Off Roading)

9/27: Cliff Hanger in the morning, Poison Spider Mesa in the afternoon. Inspect rigs for travel. (Off roading)

9/28: leave Moab Utah in the morning

I believe this is the scheduled itinerary, maybe someone can verify?

Kilroy

9/21: Drive to Albuquerque

9/22: Travel to Ouray Colorado and check in at the KOA. Relax and take it easy the rest of the day.

9/23: Black Bear Pass in the morning to Telluride where we'll eat lunch. In the afternoon we'll take Imogene Pass back to Ouray. (Off roading)

9/24: Travel the 65 miles of the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. Engineer Pass to Lake City, then back around Ouray through Cinnamon Pass and California pass. Inspect rigs for travel. (Off roading)

9/25: Break camp and travel to Moab, Utah. Set up camp and then run Top of the World. (Off roading)

9/26: Fins and Things in the morning, Hells Revenge in the afternoon. (Off Roading)

9/27: Cliff Hanger in the morning, Poison Spider Mesa in the afternoon. Inspect rigs for travel. (Off roading)

9/28: leave Moab Utah in the morning

I believe this is the scheduled itinerary, maybe someone can verify?

Where in abq never been their?

Flat Top

What time are we going to be shooting for when heading out to the trails from camp?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I sounds like we are going to be leaving fairly early each day since it's a larger group.

From an earlier question/post.
Quote Originally Posted by Granite_head View Post
Man I'd love to tell you but I just don't know what each day is going to bring. Plan to eat lunch on the trail everyday. As far as breakfast goes I would get up early and eat. It's a big group and the sooner we get on the trail the better chance we have of getting back before dark. The worst thing that can happen is you DON'T eat what you take on the trail that day.
Quote Originally Posted by Granite_head View Post

GraniteCrystal

Just a heads up...I may be putting together a slightly revised schedule for this trip to make it family friendly for my kiddos. Not leave as early, maybe not run some of the tougher trails in Moab (unless there's always a bypass?), etc. We'll do our best to stay with group but the goal for this trip is family vacation for us.

Flat Top

The old man and I are planning to leave the Cypress area around 7AM on Thursday heading thru Abilene and Lubbock (but I could easily be dissuaded from that route). If anyone wants to hook up and convoy let me know.

I'm giddy like a school girl.... :D:D

Benito

Caught the Bug
So what does everybody's to-do list look like?

Here's mine:
Install rotopax/mount/license plate relocate.
Remove hardtop, put on trektop.
Install rock lights.
Change diff fluid.
Check everything for tight

rotopax mounted/license plate relocated ✔️

IMG_4360.jpg

Install rock lights ✔️

IMG_4372.jpg

Change Diff fluid ✔️

You_Doodle_2017-09-18T02_44_02Z.jpg

Top Bottom