The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

GraniteCrystal

He can't, because all the pictures he took were of panties! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Keep waiting for Granitepanties to post some pictures....

Ok, I'm going to get ahead of this before anything comes of it.

First, what happens on the Exodus stays on the Exodus.

Second...I got nothing. Carry on.

Scott

Here is a picture to distract everyone of my Jeep at the top of Engineer Pass after all the ladies decided to take the easy way home thru Silverton
IMG_20170923_155755.jpg

Ooh! Colors!
IMG_20170923_165108.jpg

Exodus 4x4

GraniteCrystal

I will add some follow up on an earlier discussion around kids and this trail lineup. We brought our boys on Mineral Creek, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Ophir Pass, Alta Lakes, Top of the World, and Fins N Things. We took a full day off in the middle to go hike in Arches National Park and get them put of the seats.

Thanks to all who offered advice and insight on things. Ideally, wife and I agreed we'd like to have everyone over 18 months old to do anything more difficult than Top of the World and even that was pretty bumpy.

WJCO

Meme King
I will add some follow up on an earlier discussion around kids and this trail lineup. We brought our boys on Mineral Creek, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Ophir Pass, Alta Lakes, Top of the World, and Fins N Things. We took a full day off in the middle to go hike in Arches National Park and get them put of the seats.

Thanks to all who offered advice and insight on things. Ideally, wife and I agreed we'd like to have everyone over 18 months old to do anything more difficult than Top of the World and even that was pretty bumpy.

How did the wife and kids do overall being in the jeep for so long?

Brute

Hooked

Good call...

Flat Top

Now that the run is wrapped and most people are home or just about there, I'd like to thank everyone that made it out. Every single person contributed in one way or another to the success of this run and I just can't thank all of you enough. With my build taking up almost every minute of my time up to the night before (literally), I wasn't able to iron out the details needed to make sure everything went smoothly. Luckily everyone chipping in made sure it actually did go smoothly.

Some great memories were made and everyone was able to drive their rigs back home. Considering the limits we pushed ourselves and our rigs, I'd say that was quite an accomplishment! I'm sure the pictures and videos will continue to trickle in over the next few weeks and I can't wait to see them. Without a doubt there will be a 2018 run and it will be far more organized than this.

Thanks again for spearheading the trip! Absolutely Epic in my book and my old man is still smiling. EVERYONE I met on this trip was fantastic. Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

How did the wife and kids do overall being in the jeep for so long?
Friday: drove to Ouray and settled in, did great

Saturday: ran Alpine loop, did great

Sunday: ran Ophir Pass, did great

Monday: drove to Moab, then ran Top of the World. Callen (6 months) lost his mind. Crying like crazy. Baby versions of expletives I think. He was over it. Kate walked him down most of the trail.

Tuesday: took the day off for kids sake. Went hiking in Arches National Park, took good naps that afternoon, etc.

Wednesday: ran Fins N Things that morning, good naps that afternoon

Thursday: drove home

Overall, they did great. I asked a lot of them in terms of time in a car seat and bumpy trails. Proud of how my boys handled it.

Top Bottom