The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Jackal01

Misses took over driving for a while. Posting just a few since reception west of Midland sucks.

20170923_115506%7E2.jpg
20170924_103000%7E2.jpeg
20170925_160200%7E2.jpg
20170926_123525%7E2.jpg
20170926_121918%7E2.jpg

Last one is probably the best one...

Flat Top

Trail Day One - Cinnamon Pass / Animas Forks

After lunch in Lake City we worked our way back via Cinnamon Pass.

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Group_00.jpg

By this time most of our rigs had a nice coating of mud on the side windows. It made checking out the views almost impossible.
Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Mud.jpg

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Mud_2.jpg

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Group_1.jpg

Cinnamon Pass
Day1_Cinamon_Pass_01.jpg

The group checking out Animas Forks

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Group_9.jpg

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_3.jpg

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_4.jpg

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_1.jpg

Poser pics at the sign.
Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_2.jpg

Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_5.jpg

Part of the group trying to get the mud off at a river crossing.
Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_6.jpg

Airing back up before heading home.
Day1_Cinamon_Pass_Animas_Forks_7.jpg

The drive home from Silverton to Ouray at night was probably the most pucker evoking experience in Co.
Day1_Million_Dollar_Hwy.jpg

Jackal01

Yea, that particular stretch of road is scary. Most of the time the deer are totally still, which is even scarier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Would you believe me if I said Mike, Patrick and myself (along with our ladies) saw a deer with a toilet seat around it's neck about half way to Ouray? We were about 2 hours behind this group since we ate dinner in Silverton.

JeepJeep75

Would you believe me if I said Mike, Patrick and myself (along with our ladies) saw a deer with a toilet seat around it's neck about half way to Ouray? We were about 2 hours behind this group since we ate dinner in Silverton.

Ha!! I’ve seen some strange things on that stretch of road over the years, but that takes the cake!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I thought you guys were saying there was hillbilly mount of some deer with a toilet seat around its neck. I can't believe that's on a wild deer! Would love to hear the story on how that happened.

JKbrick

I love seeing all these pictures from Texas. I honestly always thought of Texas as flat and hot, have not ever had the chance to travel, but this is eye opening to me. This may be closer to get to that clear out west if I ever get away. Maybe when I retire 🤞I'll jump in the jeep and just drive

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom