The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I replaced the standard fixed D-rings on this Rugged Ridge XHD bumper, with their D-ring brackets for shackles. No point to it, other than I think they look better. I used Rugged Ridge red powder coated shackles.

With all the D-ring talk going on, I'll say these are very well made, and only $58.99 at Quadratec.

IMG_8479.jpg

From these...
IMG_8269.JPG

To these...
IMG_8480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I replaced the standard fixed D-rings on this Rugged Ridge XHD bumper, with their D-ring brackets for shackles. No point to it, other than I think they look better. I used Rugged Ridge red powder coated shackles.

With all the D-ring talk going on, I'll say these are very well made, and only $58.99 at Quadratec.

View attachment 247528

From these...
View attachment 247529

To these...
View attachment 247530

Any particular reason you didn't go motobilt? :cheesy:

notnalc68

I'm making plans to re-gear. I won't go to 37" tires, on the current axles, so I plan to gear to 4.88. That should put me around 300 rpm above the stock ratio. Since it mostly pounds pavement, and is an automatic, I think that may be a good ratio. I miss the extra grunt it had with 4.10 and stock tires. It shifted a lot less in hills.

I checked with the only two shops I can find, near me. One said $1800-2000! The other said $1250-1300. The guy at the less expensive shop, had way more Jeep knowledge, than the expensive shop.

Napalm

I'm making plans to re-gear. I won't go to 37" tires, on the current axles, so I plan to gear to 4.88. That should put me around 300 rpm above the stock ratio. Since it mostly pounds pavement, and is an automatic, I think that may be a good ratio. I miss the extra grunt it had with 4.10 and stock tires. It shifted a lot less in hills.

I checked with the only two shops I can find, near me. One said $1800-2000! The other said $1250-1300. The guy at the less expensive shop, had way more Jeep knowledge, than the expensive shop.

That's not too terrible! Especially if he seems to be more knowledgeable.

GraniteCrystal

Seems as though prices are generally going up a bit for regear. Trail Jeeps used to do it for $1000 and its up to $1500 I think. ORE may be one of the last to still do for $1000 if they still do.

notnalc68

That's not too terrible! Especially if he seems to be more knowledgeable.

Yeah. He does a lot of Jeeps, so he won't have to order the parts. He asked what size tires I was running, and recommended 4.88 (which I had already decided on). He said he's never had anyone with auto trans & 4.88 say they wish they'd have run 4.56, but he said the opposite has happened. He told me to get a Procal, which I already have. All in all, it took about a minute of him talking, to tell he knew Jeeps.

Top Bottom