The Building of Compromise

Lookin good! When I finally get one for my better half, I expect purple accents would be her preference.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Thanks. That'd be cool. It is fun building together and the wife is now definitely more understanding why I work on mine as much as I do.

This is coming along really well. Despite it being pink, I like what you guys have done with it. 👍

Thanks. Me too. It's not too bad. I still won't drive it by myself though.

It's really coming along well, all the small accents and touches show a lot of care and thought were put into it.
The pic of your rides together is great.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

It's really coming along well, all the small accents and touches show a lot of care and thought were put into it.
The pic of your rides together is great.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks.

So my wife drove about a half mile away to test the new antenna and it works perfectly. We could have tested it further but that seemed good enough.

Ha! I've seen much worse than that all pink one! Thinking a guy would get a lot of ta-ta attention driving that Jeep :brows:

The pink looks alright to me. It says it's hers without being over the top especially since it's pretty much just accent pieces. I would add that the WJ has enough excess testosterone dripping out of it to balance things out. :yup:

Any issues getting the doors off?
And did you do the Delrin hinge liners?

After one winter here, I couldn't get the doors off.

The Delrin lines from tmr customs are amazing! My doors come off like brand new with them

Any issues getting the doors off?
And did you do the Delrin hinge liners?

After one winter here, I couldn't get the doors off.

Funny you mention that. Luckily I have read enough around here about the floor jack trick so we did that. At first they still didn't budge even with a jack. Fought the first one for 20 minutes. But here's what we ended up figuring out on every door, and after the first one, each door was off in about a minute. Jack up the door with a block of wood but only about 1/8". Then while holding the door securely, have someone else jump down hard on the rock slider. Worked perfectly.

We will likely install those inserts but in the meantime, since there was no rust, we sprayed white lithium grease inside the bores and then greased the door pins with bearing grease.

And I don't mean to sound like a badass, but I didn't think the doors were that heavy and I'm a small guy. After reading all the stories of injuries and door damage, I expected the doors to be much heavier but didn't think they were that bad at all.

Funny you mention that. Luckily I have read enough around here about the floor jack trick so we did that. At first they still didn't budge even with a jack. Fought the first one for 20 minutes. But here's what we ended up figuring out on every door, and after the first one, each door was off in about a minute. Jack up the door with a block of wood but only about 1/8". Then while holding the door securely, have someone else jump down hard on the rock slider. Worked perfectly.

We will likely install those inserts but in the meantime, since there was no rust, we sprayed white lithium grease inside the bores and then greased the door pins with bearing grease.

And I don't mean to sound like a badass, but I didn't think the doors were that heavy and I'm a small guy. After reading all the stories of injuries and door damage, I expected the doors to be much heavier but didn't think they were that bad at all.

You're just a badass :cheesy:

But seriously, the doors aren't that bad. The front ones are for sure awkward and heavier than the rear especially if you have power windows but totally manageable. Nice trick with the rocker guard hop. When we brought home our 2-door from NY, I almost thought I'd never get the doors off :rolleyes2:

Yep, the TMR are legit.
Cost a bit more, but IMO worth it.
My only "complaint" is that I forget to put a dab of grease on them during the winter. I get a squeak everyone once in a while.

The Delrin lines from tmr customs are amazing! My doors come off like brand new with them

Yep I remember being scared the door was going to fly off.
You need a long 9mm to pop out the old liner. And PB Blaster to soak the old ones a bit.

We'll look into those. Thanks. Heard good things about them.

Top Bottom