The Building of Compromise

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Installed the Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid and EVAP skid today. Very well designed products. Fit well, holes lined up etc. Took maybe an hour doing it by myself.

View attachment 252096 View attachment 252097

Here's a pic showing how far the skid sits below the pan.

View attachment 252098

I like the way this oil pan I designed, nice and big. Do you have to remove the oil pan skid to drain your engine oil?

Also would you happen to know if the Dynomax quiet crawler exhaust will fit with this evap skid?

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

WJCO

Meme King
Super clean and minimal. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks good buddy!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks.

I like the way this oil pan I designed, nice and big. Do you have to remove the oil pan skid to drain your engine oil?

Also would you happen to know if the Dynomax quiet crawler exhaust will fit with this evap skid?

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Thanks. There is a little 6 inch trap door with one bolt to access the oil drain plug. You can see it on their website. As far as that particular system, I'm not sure, maybe send a PM to DynoMax and Rock Hard 4x4 to see. In the mean time, I'll relook at that system and see where it sits in relation to the new skid.

Looks good. I like that design as well.

Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King

.....….............

I just looked at a few pics. I think the Rock Hard 4x4 EVAP skid would work fine with the DynoMax quiet crawler kit. Here's a pic of rubicat showing where the exhaust sits in relation to the OEM skid. Should be fine IMO.

IMG_5869.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I just looked at a few pics. I think the Rock Hard 4x4 EVAP skid would work fine with the DynoMax quiet crawler kit. Here's a pic of rubicat showing where the exhaust sits in relation to the OEM skid. Should be fine IMO.

View attachment 252107

Here's a shot of mine, down the length of it, with the factory skid.

IMG_8708.JPG

Ddays

Hooked
Lookin good. Those RH skids are really nice. I think you're spending more time on this one than yours!

WJCO

Meme King
I seen now your feedback, thanks!
I decided the same...:)

The external antenna has fixed everything. Works fine.

Lookin good. Those RH skids are really nice. I think you're spending more time on this one than yours!

They are nice skids. No kidding. I haven't done much to mine recently although I am putting a rear locker in it soon. I'm anxious to test out the new axle but most of the trails are still closed here.

gheller

Great progress, those skids look very good. I see they have the trap door now for oil drainage instead of having to use a Fumoto valve and tube.

I'm looking into them now, those tapered washers are a nice touch. I'm also considering the EVO oil pan skid for the design and value but the Rock Hard looks worth the extra coin.

WJCO

Meme King
Great progress, those skids look very good. I see they have the trap door now for oil drainage instead of having to use a Fumoto valve and tube.

I'm looking into them now, those tapered washers are a nice touch. I'm also considering the EVO oil pan skid for the design and value but the Rock Hard looks worth the extra coin.

The main reason we chose this over the EVO one is that this one attaches to the frame whereas the EVO one attaches to the engine block. I didn't like the idea of transferring the force into the engine if you were to hit it. Maybe I'm OCD but I felt this was a better option. Other reason is that it also protects the Jenner pan.

WJCO

Meme King
Did a mountain drive today. Ran into a storm, but got to see some cool critters out already. A little early for the big guy.

DSC04975.jpg

DSC04952.jpg

DSC04973.jpg

DSC04966.jpg

DSC04972.jpg

DSC04965.jpg

DSC04971.jpg

DSC04968.jpg

DSC04969.jpg

DSC04970.jpg

DSC04991.jpg

DSC04990.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

DSC04988.jpg

DSC04993.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
So I saw a Jeep today to rival Compromise. Also a white JKU with pink accents. "Dixie" written on the hood.

Nice. We've seen a couple similar ones as well around.

*sigh* :daydream: so damn nice out there...

Amazing playground you have out there

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

So jealous of that scenery. :yup:

If you guys are ever out this way, these spots are within an hour of the Denver area. I grew up out here and really took it for granted. I moved away and it wasn't until I moved back that I learned to appreciate it. Now I try to get out and enjoy it as much as possible.

WJCO

Meme King
After a long road trip, hood latches fixed the flutter and our seat recliner kit allowed the kids to sleep comfortable. :thumb:

Top Bottom