The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh cool, I was debating if I should change mine out.
What plans are next for your jeep?

I changed the rears out to 10 Factory shafts when I bent a flange. I kept the old ones as trail spares (actually I gave one away now that I think about it). I figure I can get off the trail if I break a front shaft, so no need to replace until they break. Kind of my approach to everything now. Still running a factory rear DS too. 39,500 miles.

Nothing too exciting planned. :sigh:

Bunch of little stuff...
King air bumps for the front. Need to finish some wiring. I never re-installed my factory trim after installing the cage. Have a replacement e-disco motor to install. etc.

I'm waiting for a good solution to the hydro assist with the 2012+ factory air box. Until then I think I'll wait to install it.

I think I have determined that I cannot fit everything I need in the jeep and take the family camping. Thus, I am waiting to see what LoD comes out with for a roof rack before figuring out which one to buy before next summer.

Everything else (DTD/Evo lever/axles/40s) I have yet to justify pulling the trigger. Double :sigh:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I think I have determined that I cannot fit everything I need in the jeep and take the family camping. Thus, I am waiting to see what LoD comes out with for a roof rack before figuring out which one to buy before next summer.

Trailer? Probably find a cheap one and have some rails welded to it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Trailer? Probably find a cheap one and have some rails welded to it.

Not opposed to the idea. Sharkey said the same thing. The only problem is I have to find/make room to store it. But that shouldn't be a big deal.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Not opposed to the idea. Sharkey said the same thing. The only problem is I have to find/make room to store it. But that shouldn't be a big deal.

Seems like a good idea. I'll build one too. I'll buy a welder, you buy a tube bender and let's make it a weekend DIY project. :thumb:

Or head down to Gardnerville and talk to Chris at Sierra 4x4 Trailers and throw away your dreams of axles and 40's and buy a bling trailer :brows:.

http://www.sierra4x4trailers.com/

MTG

Caught the Bug
Seems like a good idea. I'll build one too. I'll buy a welder, you buy a tube bender and let's make it a weekend DIY project. :thumb:

Or head down to Gardnerville and talk to Chris at Sierra 4x4 Trailers and throw away your dreams of axles and 40's and buy a bling trailer :brows:.

http://www.sierra4x4trailers.com/

How about I get the welder? :idontknow: Checked on classes again, they start in 8 days at TMCC.

Let's do it this weekend, I'm free.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
How about I get the welder? :idontknow: Checked on classes again, they start in 8 days at TMCC.

You're supposed to be wheeling with me this weekend, so seems like you're busy.

Installing those Ball Joints tomorrow night still? I'm riding out of a park that's half mile from your place. I can stop by and give you a hand afterwards.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You're supposed to be wheeling with me this weekend, so seems like you're busy.

Installing those Ball Joints tomorrow night still? I'm riding out of a park that's half mile from your place. I can stop by and give you a hand afterwards.

Sounds good. That's the plan. Did the Navi's front brakes tonight. Ball joints start tomorrow night. Going to try to get up in the morning and ride Galena creek before work. :thumb:

DA RUNT

You're welcome to drive a couple thousand miles and use mine for free, it's just sitting there all lonely :grayno:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
yes! this is the grand daddy of build threads! i hope this thread kicks off again. i think i actually read it twice:yup:

Top Bottom