The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
That sounds about right. You hadn't had Knuckles that long and then we decided to make the trek to Moab for EJS 2012. There was a frantic several weeks of you buying stuff and installing it to get ready for Moab. I have to say though, we didn't do too bad for a couple of dumb f----. Honestly, I don't even remember if anyone else really had the enforcer lift at that point. Maybe a few people here and there...but Knuckles was really a test subject to some degree. Moab and JKX (plus the driving to and from) in the same calendar year is a pretty good test!

That's exactly right! You couldn't find anything online about the kit at that time. I took your's and that "Eddie" guy's word to go with this kit. :crazyeyes: It was way more money than I had planned to spend on the jeep...remember the discussions of a puck and maybe 33s when the factory tires wear out? But it has turned out to be great kit that anybody with half a brain can install! Hell you've installed 2 of these now and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone…still do as a matter of fact. In fact, I gave Piginajeep shit that I used to sell more Enforcer kits than he did. LOL! I really thought I would come back from JKX and feel the "need" to install coil overs, but honestly for the amount of wheeling I do, this is more than enough. Of course, I still "want" DTD/Evo lever but haven't been able to justify the move…yet. :D

Now if we could just get you to get another jeep we could install the 3rd. BBOR for the win! :yup:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Good for you for sticking with your budget. The PR100 will be well worth the wait! Hopefully you'll be back and running soon.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Good for you for sticking with your budget. The PR100 will be well worth the wait! Hopefully you'll be back and running soon.

Eh, not so much a budget…more of a goal of being "FIRE" as soon as possible. While a set of axles might not make a big difference in the big picture, its more a matter of principle as of late. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That's exactly right! You couldn't find anything online about the kit at that time. I took your's and that "Eddie" guy's word to go with this kit. :crazyeyes: It was way more money than I had planned to spend on the jeep...remember the discussions of a puck and maybe 33s when the factory tires wear out? But it has turned out to be great kit that anybody with half a brain can install! Hell you've installed 2 of these now and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone…still do as a matter of fact. In fact, I gave Piginajeep shit that I used to sell more Enforcer kits than he did. LOL! I really thought I would come back from JKX and feel the "need" to install coil overs, but honestly for the amount of wheeling I do, this is more than enough. Of course, I still "want" DTD/Evo lever but haven't been able to justify the move…yet. :D

Now if we could just get you to get another jeep we could install the 3rd. BBOR for the win! :yup:

I agree, you're both dumb fucks

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

MTG, how'd you run the wiring up the carrier for the cube lights? It's so clean I can't see any wire looms poking out anywhere. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I saw something in SmokinV10's build thread I can try.

Spent Friday evening and this morning installing my CB Radio and Trektop NX.

Install for the cb was pretty straightforward. I got a Uniden Bearcat 980 from Amazon, and the firestik 2' antenna. Seems to work ok but I'll try a 3' with a quick disconnect. I was able to route the coax into the hole behind the EVO tire carrier hinges and then into the cab. Pretty pleased with the way the wiring turned out.

View attachment 106686

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Finally got Knuckles back from the shop with a new axle. Went with the slightly less popular PUD44 option. :thumb:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422144142.663103.jpg

Next up: rockstar skids, rear upper control arms and a 1350 rear DS.

MTG

Caught the Bug
MTG, how'd you run the wiring up the carrier for the cube lights? It's so clean I can't see any wire looms poking out anywhere. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I saw something in SmokinV10's build thread I can try.

Sorry, been out of town for the better part of 3 weeks. The lights weren't wired in that picture. I have a wire loom running along the backside of the carrier and then down and along the frame.

Top Bottom