The building of knuckles

Thanks for the tips. I plan to actually buy a good tool and ditch that HF crap that I used on my rock skins.

Haha, yeah, powder coating is painting... I was just asking if you were having it professionally done or not... Paid $250 for black powder coat on my skins and carrier... Lost a lot of it on the brackets during install, but rattle canned it. The johnny joints peel that paint REALLY easy... The shipping labels are extremely hard to remove, that's why I was asking. If you decide to do it yourself, it would probably still be worth it to have them blasted first just to remove the stickers!

Sent from my ADR6350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Once you receive your carrier brackets, if you want to use the corner mounts for a CB, make sure to drill the holes on your brackets BEFORE you paint. ;)

Haha, yeah, powder coating is painting... I was just asking if you were having it professionally done or not... Paid $250 for black powder coat on my skins and carrier... Lost a lot of it on the brackets during install, but rattle canned it. The johnny joints peel that paint REALLY easy... The shipping labels are extremely hard to remove, that's why I was asking. If you decide to do it yourself, it would probably still be worth it to have them blasted first just to remove the stickers!

Yeah, I'm talking about actually painting the skins white to match the body. :thumb:

I got my baby back!

While they were working on it, I had them throw my PSC diff covers on as well. View attachment 12802

Quick cell shot...I was on my way to a meeting and didn't feel like lying in the parking lot in my wok clothes. LOL!

Is that the only location you can mount the resivor on the shock?

Knuckles Ruler of Middle Earth. 💀🔥

WAYALIFE 🍺

Is that the only location you can mount the resivor on the shock?

Knuckles Ruler of Middle Earth. 💀🔥

WAYALIFE 🍺

LOL!

That's the way the came. It's held on by a hose clamp. I assume you can move it, but I'd call King to see if there would be an issue.

Curious as to what you're thinking?

Once you receive your carrier brackets, if you want to use the corner mounts for a CB, make sure to drill the holes on your brackets BEFORE you paint. ;)

How did you drill yours? Can you post a pic on my build thread (The Slimer Build Thread) please? Getting a cb soon, so I'll need to mount the antenna. Isn't the round hole on top of the skin itself for an antenna?

How did you drill yours? Can you post a pic on my build thread (The Slimer Build Thread) please? Getting a cb soon, so I'll need to mount the antenna. Isn't the round hole on top of the skin itself for an antenna?

I haven't drilled them yet. I still use my antenna mount on the tailgate, but I want to move it to rock skin eventually. I was just pointing that out since it'll be the cleaner option to have done before powder coat/paint.

I haven't drilled them yet. I still use my antenna mount on the tailgate, but I want to move it to rock skin eventually. I was just pointing that out since it'll be the cleaner option to have done before powder coat/paint.

Good call. I wasn't planning on moving it yet (I think I'd need a shorter antenna), but maybe I'll drill the hole a little bigger for down the road?

LOL!

That's the way the came. It's held on by a hose clamp. I assume you can move it, but I'd call King to see if there would be an issue.

Curious as to what you're thinking?

I was thinking somewhere in the wheel well or on the frame. I guess flex might be a factor?

Are they done the same in front?

I do think the it has a cool double shock look to it where they mounted it.

Edit: I want the king res. visible... toying with the idea of no wheel well liners.

WAYALIFE 

Last edited:
Good call. I wasn't planning on moving it yet (I think I'd need a shorter antenna), but maybe I'll drill the hole a little bigger for down the road?

A bigger hole? Someone's feeling a little confident today. :cheesy:

So I haven't driven her very much (approx 50 miles) but my initial impressions are as follows:

1) it shifts quicker through the gears. Particularly 1-3
2) it feels faster, though I haven't tried to gun it
3) it runs at lower RPMS while on a grade (this is one of the main reasons I regeared). 3500 rpm vs 5000+ on my drive home.
4) my Eco light is on more, but I think that's because I was trying to drive slower. ;)

Here is a shot at 70 mph, relatively flat grade, at approx 5400 feet elevation.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358551002.736579.jpg

~2800 rpm

Glad to hear your happy with the regear and those skins/carrier are going to look great! Make sure you get it done before KOH...cant wait to see it!

Top Bottom