The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
And you run 37" Nittos, right? That gives me hope for my rig and allows me to put my money into other necessary mods. Thanks for the input! Thinking Protek, cb, and rockhard cage are next on the list...

Yes sir. I've only done the C's and not sleeves. No plan to add sleeves.

Know that the rear locker will likely go out before the front. The factory front axles are the most likely point to break. And if you ever upgrade to an ARB locker, you'll need different axles.

But even after all that I haven't been able to justify upgrading the axles. Maybe when, not if, something major breaks I'll consider it again.

Of course this is all just based on my research, web wheeling and general point of view so take it for what it's worth. ;)

Prime8

Yes sir. I've only done the C's and not sleeves. No plan to add sleeves.

Know that the rear locker will likely go out before the front. The factory front axles are the most likely point to break. And if you ever upgrade to an ARB locker, you'll need different axles.

But even after all that I haven't been able to justify upgrading the axles. Maybe when, not if, something major breaks I'll consider it again.

Of course this is all just based on my research, web wheeling and general point of view so take it for what it's worth. ;)

I think the fact that you wheel your rig (JKX footage is your proof!) and the axles survived is a testament to the fact that these components WILL survive some abuse. I still plan on upgraded axles someday, but this has made me reconsider my mod order... Is Rubicat running just Cs and nothing else too?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think the fact that you wheel your rig (JKX footage is your proof!) and the axles survived is a testament to the fact that these components WILL survive some abuse. I still plan on upgraded axles someday, but this has made me reconsider my mod order... Is Rubicat running just Cs and nothing else too?

As far as I know, yes. I believe they broke an axle shaft (front driver side maybe) and replaced that.

Honesty I think the axles housing are fine. The axles will likely break at some point. But my plan is to replace just the fronts now and keep the stock ones as spares.

New axles would be wonderful! But $15K+ goes a long way in my household. :yup:

Tack wield the caps on the front axles. That will keep them from moving and coming out.

I only ran gussets on my 30 and beat the crap out of it. :D and no problems. Btw it ran most of the trails in Moab that people said it would not hold up.

I don't have sleeves on my 44 and never plan on it. I think you would want to if your jumping your jeep, but other than that ????

Honestly I think If your not out there being a dumb Butt. It will hold up fine. But like everything the more you stress things the more Likely you are to break.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not a planned mod. ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364168551.111745.jpg

Took a quick run up one of the local canyons this afternoon. Good times.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wire ties are a wonderful thing! Did it get ripped off?

Nah. Just broke both the hose clamps so the reservoir was dangling. Might see about relocating them now. Surprised its the first time it's happened really.

GCM 2

Not a planned mod.....

Haha, this is how we learn brother! The spare parts bag will now contain multiple sizes of hose clamps, they take up no room, weigh nothing, and fix tons of problems. Or in your case, would be an exact parts replacement! :rock:

it has always puzzled me as to why KING uses hose clamps and not some fancy billet clamp. i carry hose clamps with me though... ;)

andrew -

MTG

Caught the Bug
it has always puzzled me as to why KING uses hose clamps and not some fancy billet clamp. i carry hose clamps with me though... ;)

andrew -

Well, I used to think that too, but after today I think I know. I'd rather have a hose clamp break than my shock because of some hard-core billet clamp. 👍

Either that or thy saved a few buck! :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
true i suppose. weakest link theory i guess. it didnt hurt your twisty knobby parts did it?

andrew -

Haven't really looked at it yet. Have house guests tonight. Hoping to slip out to the garage soon. Might not have such shinny knobs now. :)

Top Bottom