The long and slow build of "................"

10abadilla/jk

So I do have rubbing of the track bar and diff at driver side flex. Its not full flex either. I probably had another 3in or so more to flex out. Are my only options bump stop extensions and or a new track bar? 20170226_203517.jpg 20170226_203525.jpg 20170226_203542.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I would send Core4x4 those pics and see if they can build you one with less of a bend. As much as bump stops would fix the issue of it hitting, you shouldn't have to. Looks like it'll just hit more as you flex more. I wonder if a stock cover would have cleared? Not that that is a solution either.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If the rubbing is only minor, just take a grinder to your diff cover and clearance it. If it's preventing free movement of the track bar, well, you may need to look at a different option.

10abadilla/jk

I contacted Spence at core 4x4. Depending on his response I may have to grind some of the diff cover and add 2in bump stop extensions. They have been extremely helpful and I'm hoping it does not come to that. I really like the way the track bar feels and performs. It's just really thick at 1-1/2 OD causing the clearance issue. If I can't get this one to work I may have to go with something that is similar to the oem track bar diameter. Thank you WJCO and eddy. I'll post what core 4x4 tells me and we will go from there.

10abadilla/jk

So I am still waiting on the new track bar. So in the mean time I thought I would start my rock lights. Tonight I got the switches it. Hopefully tomorrow I can run the wires and get them running. 20170309_193159.jpg 20170309_193224.jpg 20170309_190622.jpg

JKbrick

BaddestCross

Nice! I was considering pulling the hard top off this weekend but my garage is a mess. I want to get one of those roll-around carts for the top and doors for the summer. Considering picking up one of the new Smittybilt combo soft top kits for the summer.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Nice! I was considering pulling the hard top off this weekend but my garage is a mess. I want to get one of those roll-around carts for the top and doors for the summer. Considering picking up one of the new Smittybilt combo soft top kits for the summer.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
I think a soft top is a great solution lol. I know what you mean. I wanted to pull the soft top completely off but I'm in the same boat you are so I decided to just drop it back.

Trail JK

Agreed. I think the other two I'm going to mount on the frame facing the ground. I mounted them a little high thinking they may illuminate more.

Yep, sometimes you know until you try it. Couple of things to consider, you may want to move the lights currently mounted because if your wheel is tucked up when flexing the tire could rip out the light. Also, if you are going to stick to four lights I'd suggest all four upfront. Two in front of the front wheels and two behind front wheels.

Here are a couple areas that have worked for us...
IMG_2819.jpg .
IMG_2820.jpg

Good luck! Your Jeep is looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom