The Metamorphosis of MumboJumbo

bkac

Caught the Bug
Shove it in there like a man!!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Yeah, who needs a Jack! Bench press that bad boy in there. I would say right about now your saying a few nice words trying to line it up.
It normally take me a slew of choice words and a few flying tools then it's in. Just like that! The transmission that is...

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's funny when you start working something and suddenly you remember little tricks your old man taught you as a kid, such as using a couple extra long bolts in the bell housing to help align the transmission while stabbing it. BTW, the transmission is in! I'm making progress.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That's a great trick. And making sure the tranny is in gear so you can turn the output shaft to help align the input shaft splines to the clutch.

Great job!

Tigrcky

That's a great trick. And making sure the tranny is in gear so you can turn the output shaft to help align the input shaft splines to the clutch.

Great job!

Lubing the shaft is always a great idea as well ;)

See the problem? Looks to me like the center collar on the pressure plate is too tall and is bottoming out before the pressure plate makes contact with the flywheel. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412236754.778575.jpg

Was the clutch disk in the right way?

Yes, and it's even labeled just in case. Input shaft was in the splines, not ON them and clutch fork and TOB looked just the way they should. I'm thinking the new clutch is just too tall.

I'm going to call my local parts house right up the street and the next closest about 15 miles away first thing in the morning. If neither have a clutch in stock I'll toss the old one back in for now.

Tigrcky

Yes, and it's even labeled just in case. Input shaft was in the splines, not ON them and clutch fork and TOB looked just the way they should. I'm thinking the new clutch is just too tall.

Quite possible, I'd say wait till am then get replacement and have old to compare

Top Bottom