The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

HoosierWolf

As an owner of a non Wrangler jeep, what is the opinions of Wrangler owners towards those who aren't, like me?

My policy is that I wave to all wranglers and all built up XJs, WJs, and Libertys as I've found most of those not driving built XJs, WJs, and Libertys don't seem to know why I'm waving so I just stopped. They folks that have built theirs up seem to also get the wave thing. I'll wave back to any Jeep driver that waves to me though.

I've recently moved to SW Missouri and while it seems this town is full of jeeps. Heck the house directly in front of mine and the one right behind me both have TJs parked in front of them, a lot lower percentage of folks here seem to wave than in Indy. First returned wave I got here was from the driver of an XJ who works at the local Army/Navy Surplus.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I got 3 mutual waves driving through the mountains last weekend... the third time my wife laughed at me. I’m not sure what was so funny.. this is serious stuff. Haha.

FallonJeeper

My wife usually drives the JK but when I'm behind the wheel, I usually wave unless I miss the other Jeep or otherwise occupied. When I'm driving my J10, I don't wave. I have and I get blank stares. Now, if it's another Full Size like a J10, Cherokee or Wagoneer , I'll definitely wave.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WranglerWilly83

To Wave or not to Wave?

So as you all know I just recently posted a picture on here of my very first Wrangler! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Ok so I read up on the history and culture of the Jeep and I’m fascinated with everything and loving Jeep life! My question is I am doing the “Jeep wave” to fellow Wranglers and only got one wave back so far.. I live in Tampa, FL. and wondering does the wave not really exist? Is it truly a real thing? Am I just looking stupid to other Wranglers for some reason? Please advise...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Willys17

I’ve found it to be very geographically dependent. Close to home I get waves 9 times out of 10, but I live close to a Navy base and the people tend to be like-minded Jeep folk. Elsewhere I’ve had opposite results. I keep waving regardless as I don’t want to be the reason someone else stops giving Jeep waves.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So as you all know I just recently posted a picture on here of my very first Wrangler! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Ok so I read up on the history and culture of the Jeep and I’m fascinated with everything and loving Jeep life! My question is I am doing the “Jeep wave” to fellow Wranglers and only got one wave back so far.. I live in Tampa, FL. and wondering does the wave not really exist? Is it truly a real thing? Am I just looking stupid to other Wranglers for some reason? Please advise...

I merged your thread with an existing one. The Announcements & Support section isn’t really for this kind of thing. The Eighth Slot is the proper section.

WranglerWilly83

I’ve found it to be very geographically dependent. Close to home I get waves 9 times out of 10, but I live close to a Navy base and the people tend to be like-minded Jeep folk. Elsewhere I’ve had opposite results. I keep waving regardless as I don’t want to be the reason someone else stops giving Jeep waves.

I was there were like minded Jeep folk here. I like to think TAMPA is that type of place but I guess not. Someone from here correct me if I’m wrong.

Chris Gearhart

Yeah, it seems like it is a locally dependent response. Here in Chicago there is about a 65% response rate (in my experience), give or take. Indiana is much higher, Most of the rest of the Midwest is in between. West and east coasts seem to be on higher end, by and large.

In my suburb though, it’s about 4% [emoji35] So give it some time to get a better feel, but don’t lose heart. You’re publically shaming people who don’t wave, so it’s not for nothing, lol

It’s hit or miss near me. Some wave, others don’t. I find myself waving at the same jeeps in my area over and over. After 5 waves to the same Jeep, i consider them a friend, even without meeting them [emoji23]

WranglerWilly83

Yeah, it seems like it is a locally dependent response. Here in Chicago there is about a 65% response rate (in my experience), give or take. Indiana is much higher, Most of the rest of the Midwest is in between. West and east coasts seem to be on higher end, by and large.

In my suburb though, it’s about 4% [emoji35] So give it some time to get a better feel, but don’t lose heart. You’re publically shaming people who don’t wave, so it’s not for nothing, lol

Lol well I don’t mean to shame nobody I Just was wondering if this whole “Jeep Wave” was truly a thing. I read that if you don’t do the wave, then if they see you stranded they won’t stop to help.

WranglerWilly83

It’s hit or miss near me. Some wave, others don’t. I find myself waving at the same jeeps in my area over and over. After 5 waves to the same Jeep, i consider them a friend, even without meeting them [emoji23]

Lmao like “hey Blue Jeep”... “hey sunrise orange Unlimited”.. you be talking to your girl in Bed like “Baby did you see Red Jeep soft top yesterday leaving publix ran the red light”? Lmao

Top Bottom