The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

Exodus 4x4

Need to get an update list. I know Bobby is out, sold his jeep.

I feel pretty confident in leading now, if we need a trail lead.

I could probably update the list Monday. I know it sounds crazy but I don't have the time to sift through it all and find the people that dropped. I should be able to Monday though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Willys_ATX

And willys_atx also!

I am definitely in. Stoked to get out there even if only a few turn up.

Not saying I'd like to be a hero, but can get around a few fun loops at HF if no one else volunteers to lead the beginner group. I'm familiar with the main park roads, most 1-3 rated trails, and pretty much anywhere my Willys could get me totally stock for about a year.

Jegar

Need to get an update list. I know Bobby is out, sold his jeep.

I feel pretty confident in leading now, if we need a trail lead.

Like wise. I might tackle some of the obstacles first since I have a way to pull myself up [emoji6]. Just saying don't want to get in a bind!!

I am definitely in. Stoked to get out there even if only a few turn up.

Not saying I'd like to be a hero, but can get around a few fun loops at HF if no one else volunteers to lead the beginner group. I'm familiar with the main park roads, most 1-3 rated trails, and pretty much anywhere my Willys could get me totally stock for about a year.

I can't be there Saturday but could come out Sunday if anyone wants to wheel on Sunday.

I'll be there sometime Friday and plan on being there till Sunday afternoon.

Yeah!!!!!,[emoji119]🏻[emoji119]🏻[emoji119]🏻[emoji119]🏻[emoji119]🏻[emoji119]🏻[emoji119]🏻

Jegar

I could probably update the list Monday. I know it sounds crazy but I don't have the time to sift through it all and find the people that dropped. I should be able to Monday though.

Totally, totally understand. The "To Do" lists can get pretty overwhelming at times and keep getting buried under brand new (and some not so new) "To Do" lists. Really appreciate your starting this thread and the work you have/will put into it. Thanks"[emoji482]

Jegar

Super stoked to see you again Stick. We can let Tdoughterty and PROJKUR lead the day trails and we could "lead" the night trails[emoji13]. After all, looking back, how hard was it really to have lead the relatively newbie Willys and brand-spankin'-new, totally-stock Sahara down Bronco Buster and other Level 4 trails in the dark, past midnight???????[emoji322]

Super stoked to see you again Stick. We can let Tdoughterty and PROJKUR lead the day trails and we could "lead" the night trails[emoji13]. After all, looking back, how hard was it really to have lead the relatively newbie Willys and brand-spankin'-new, totally-stock Sahara down Bronco Buster and other Level 4 trails in the dark, past midnight???????[emoji322]

We tried to go on midnight run around midnight and was caught by the ranger on site. Crazy how HF has changed recently...we thought about going out there anyways and see if he could catch up lol

Kyle7R

Exodus 4x4

Totally, totally understand. The "To Do" lists can get pretty overwhelming at times and keep getting buried under brand new (and some not so new) "To Do" lists. Really appreciate your starting this thread and the work you have/will put into it. Thanks"[emoji482]

Actually I tried going through this thread this morning during some down time and people were so back and forth that I finally said fuck it. My GAF level is too low today, so if anyone cares who is showing up and who isn't then feel free to go through this mess and figure it out.

Honestly people, I know life happens and some of you can't make it for real life reasons but if you say you're going, do me a favor and confirm that. It also helps to chime in now and then and let people know you're actually interested in doing this.

After the way this run and the EDRA run I tried to organize earlier this year ended up, I kind of regret putting the Exodus run together. Hopefully it turns out better than I think it will.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Actually I tried going through this thread this morning during some down time and people were so back and forth that I finally said fuck it. My GAF level is too low today, so if anyone cares who is showing up and who isn't then feel free to go through this mess and figure it out.

Honestly people, I know life happens and some of you can't make it for real life reasons but if you say you're going, do me a favor and confirm that. It also helps to chime in now and then and let people know you're actually interested in doing this.

After the way this run and the EDRA run I tried to organize earlier this year ended up, I kind of regret putting the Exodus run together. Hopefully it turns out better than I think it will.

Awe, don't be butt hurt ;)

I'm not making this run. But I'm still interested in the run! People will be there, even if you arent.

That's the beauty of it, the people who actually do as they say they are are probably the ones you want to be around anyway. Everyone else is just filler :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug

Google docs!! You can create spreadsheet that everyone can edit. If someone wants to go they add their name to the list, when they realize they cannot make it they can post to the thread and update the spreadsheet if they are decent people that way the "host" doesn't have to keep up with the post of people backing out. Just an idea for the next one. This worked when a group of 30+ friends were organizing a trip to Budapest and we all lived in different countries/cities.

Exodus 4x4

Awe, don't be butt hurt ;)

I'm not making this run. But I'm still interested in the run! People will be there, even if you arent.

That's the beauty of it, the people who actually do as they say they are are probably the ones you want to be around anyway. Everyone else is just filler :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol, not butt hurt[emoji6]. It's not this run so much as it is the one next year. I really want it to work out for everyone and be able to plan some really cool stuff. All I ask is that folks not be to quick to jump in unless they're absolutely sure they want to go. I don't want to put too menu details out there but I'm working on some stuff for the Exodus run and an accurate head count matters. Like I said before stuff happens in life and we all get that.

Google docs!! You can create spreadsheet that everyone can edit. If someone wants to go they add their name to the list, when they realize they cannot make it they can post to the thread and update the spreadsheet if they are decent people that way the "host" doesn't have to keep up with the post of people backing out. Just an idea for the next one. This worked when a group of 30+ friends were organizing a trip to Budapest and we all lived in different countries/cities.

Yeah, but I still don't think people would be responsible enough to come back and take their name off if they decide not to go. Normally this doesn't matter but for the Exodus run next year it does.

Stick

Jegar it will be a lot better this time around now that I have a more capable Jeep. Given what we did when I was stock I'm really excited for this run and this time I'll be camping so hopefully it will mean more time out on the trails.

tdougherty81

I kind of went back through the list. Not sure how accurate it is because it is a mess with 2 runs going on. Haven't seen George (iRonin) in awhile so not sure if he is still in. Need leads for both groups.

Beginners group
Lead:
Tail Gunner:

1) PROJKUR

2) Texas Nick

3) tdougherty

4) Stick

5) Angry Aussie (Sunday only)

6)

7) Jegar

8)

9)

10) iRonin

11)

Beginners group
Lead:
Tail Gunner: Kyle7R

1) Romac2223

2) Willys_ATX

3) pinkcamotexan

4) HooksNRounds

5) Judesign

6) CCTX50

7) jeremy2027

Jegar

I kind of went back through the list. Not sure how accurate it is because it is a mess with 2 runs going on. Haven't seen George (iRonin) in awhile so not sure if he is still in. Need leads for both groups.

Beginners group
Lead:
Tail Gunner:

1) PROJKUR

2) Texas Nick

3) tdougherty

4) Stick

5) Angry Aussie (Sunday only)

6)

7) Jegar

8)

9)

10) iRonin

11)

Beginners group
Lead:
Tail Gunner: Kyle7R

1) Romac2223

2) Willys_ATX

3) pinkcamotexan

4) HooksNRounds

5) Judesign

6) CCTX50

7) jeremy2027

Boy, Granite_head wasn't kidding!

Supplement to your list TDoughtery, TX Nick had said he wasn't going because his back locker was locked. Maybe we can ridicule and put enough pressure on him?

Hopefully iRonin will make it. He will always be a wheelin' hero for me, being an OUTSTANDING leader on my 1st Wayalife run.

There was Indiana Geologist who had inquired about coming with a Renegade, as well as SMorris, Swithhindu & Meinteil who expressed interest, but no updates.

Also, Instigator was initially a go, and then a no because he was leading another group of friends/family (and an unlikely "maybe" as to leading our beginner group.)

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I had actually posted up that i wasnt going to be able to make it to this run.
Although this weekend. I am going to try like hell to get everything going. And if i am able to get everything up and running. Even just enough to go and take some pictures or something. Ill definitely try and make it out.
And Granite, Its awesome that you actually set up the EDRA run. That shit was just awesome. Even with people said they were coming but hadnt updated their attendance status on not being able to go and it just being two rigs.
But, there is NO way in hell im missing that Exodus trip. Its pretty damn badass of what youve done so far for it [emoji41]

Top Bottom