The Rebuilding of Smokin's 2014 JKUR Build

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Minor update. Stopped by the dealer early this morning and picked up an OEM tailgate bar and the related L & R clips. WHAT A HUGE difference in fit. It was kind of pricey for the Mopar parts, but the parts work as intended.

JK LYF

What a great looking rig....it sits perfect......looking forward to seeing more...Anyone reading this thread should be inspired!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Love your build bro!:clap2:

don't know if i have mentioned! this is one Bad Ass rig! love the updates!

Thanks guys. Ive enjoyed the build process myself. I just wish I had more time to enjoy it lately. Now that we finally have some good weather in Texas, I am hoping that life will slow down in the next month or two before it gets cold. Hopefully I can get it out with the nice weather and put it through its paces a few more times this year

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
It's been a while since I have done anything Jeep related. I had a home construction project months behind schedule. Finally moved in and the Jeep has a new 1050 SF home.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416775723.102110.jpg

Jackal01

I like the placement of the door openers. I haven't seen that in a residential application before. Nice garage/shop.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
It's been a while since I have done anything Jeep related. I had a home construction project months behind schedule. Finally moved in and the Jeep has a new 1050 SF home.

View attachment 111877

I like the placement of the door openers. I haven't seen at in a residential application before. Nice garage/shop.

Agreed. That is very nice! :thumb: I also would like to see where the garage door going the other way leads. I have a big garage too, but it's not that clean. :grayno:

Armydog

Nice garage, 9 foot ceilings? Planning high ceilings in the new house....room to hang the hard top above the jeep....

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I like the placement of the door openers. I haven't seen that in a residential application before. Nice garage/shop.

Thanks. I chose to go with jack shaft openers to keep the openers and chain drive out of the way. They also have some nice features like auto timer close and a pin lock when the doors close.

Nice garage, 9 foot ceilings? Planning high ceilings in the new house....room to hang the hard top above the jeep....

Slightly over 10 foot ceilings. Garage doors are 8 feet tall and 10 feet wide. Allows for a lot of working space between the vehicles.

ArmyofMike

Still waiting for action pics from last weekend. If I knew it was going to take over a week to have pics uploaded from a camera to a computer I would have handed another person my phone.

View attachment 106531

View attachment 106532

Hopefully I'll have something soon.

Love your rig!!

Been through all 24pages and this is the only offroad photo of it?!

Do you have any action shots? I'd love to see what your Jeep can do offroad, on trails, rocks etc. Hell even a rock at the Home Depot parking lot. All these mod photos and no action!?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Would look tougher on dirt. Just saying. 😉😂😂

Anything would look tougher than stationary. In all honestly the worst part is that I put less than 20 miles on it in the last month. I haven't had any time for toys/hobbies out of work and family. Life has been so crazy that I only had one day to pack the entire house and garage before moving and ended up paying a crew to do that. Bailed on all my pistol, 3-gun, and long range comps too. Between business travel and the new house, the only time I have driven it is from the old house to the new. Sad....so sad. 😂😂. I took the top off after thanksgiving hoping to enjoy the nice weather and go buy an Xmas tree and ended up having different plans so it's still stationary. Unfortunately I'm on business travel again soon and all toys will sit again. Hopefully some free time opens up soon.

Last edited:

linehand08

I got the same thing in my life a lot of work not a lot of play. oh well that's life at least Im out of that phase where if I don't use it I sold it. 71 Camaro/rzr/51 willy's/ktm super duke/cj-7 on 42s/tons of odds and ends that ill never get back. Sad part is I'm only 30.

jango

I can't tell if the garage just looks so good or if it's the sick jeep IN the garage that makes everything look good.. hmmmm :rock:

Top Bottom