To tint or not to tint

patr1ckm

I only have a brow on my windshield. It may not look good for others, but it really helps in reducing the glare of the sun.

WarriorJeep

Lol. That's funny about the hole in the film. Mine have it too on both sides. Maybe the seat belt?? Too late now to prevent it for me, but interesting.

I have the holes too, annoyed the hell out of me so I hunted down the cause. Pulled the door panel and turns out there is a stud hitting ever so lightly when the windows are down. Which is usually off road when I have both sides rolled down

jesse3638

Hooked
I have the holes too, annoyed the hell out of me so I hunted down the cause. Pulled the door panel and turns out there is a stud hitting ever so lightly when the windows are down. Which is usually off road when I have both sides rolled down

This is what I was referring to. I hate pulling doors apart so I never investigated. If I get a fix it ticket I'll look into it then when I pull the film before having it retinted.

JAGS

Hooked

This is what I was referring to. I hate pulling doors apart so I never investigated. If I get a fix it ticket I'll look into it then when I pull the film before having it retinted.

Well shit, I always wondered the cause. Crazy. Guess it's too late for me now.

Was this for certain year JKs or a steady issue?

BLCK4X4

I have 3M Crystalline on the front doors shade of 20% and a shade of 40% over my Factory Tinted glass on the rear. It's perfect. Not to dark not light...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455167150.508178.jpg

cartertripp

Go with #6. I have limo all around and I have ceramic tint on the front windshield that just keeps the heat out. All in all its a win win.

Top Bottom