Trainwreck's Build

Ddays

Hooked
So what is your impression with the new seats? How much better over stock would you say they are?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So what is your impression with the new seats? How much better over stock would you say they are?

I don't want to speak too soon, but I am happy with them. They are much more comfortable than the stock Sahara seats, and still retain all the functions of sliding and reclining. Unfortunately, with a harness bar in the way you can't recline too far, but enough to get comfortable. At 6' tall 160lbs the seats fit well. I'm not the largest guy out there, but I could see guys over 6' and heavy having issues getting in and out of their Jeep. There is a slight learning curve to getting in and out now, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Nice! I have to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the Corbeau I have been wanting. Hows the lumbar support on those?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Nice! I have to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the Corbeau I have been wanting. Hows the lumbar support on those?

The lumbar support works well. My only complaint, I didn't specify which side to put the lumbar on figuring the knob would be on the same side as the recline lever. Not the case. After a brief phone call to the manufacturer, I was informed that they put the knob on the other side for clearance unless otherwise requested. Well, I'm not sure what they are talking about when it comes to clearance issues, and that might have something to with removing the factory trim on the B-pillar, but having the lumbar knob up against the center console doesn't exactly allow for easy adjustments. Definitely not a deal breaker, but something to think about when ordering.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
When are you expecting to have you rig on the road? The wait must be excruciating!

Yeah, it's been a lot longer than expected.. Dynatrac says they should be completed and shipped within two weeks. Still can't explain why they have taken over 6 months.. but they should be completed soon. So if all goes well, thinking I should be rollin middle/end of June.

rl206

The lumbar support works well. My only complaint, I didn't specify which side to put the lumbar on figuring the knob would be on the same side as the recline lever. Not the case. After a brief phone call to the manufacturer, I was informed that they put the knob on the other side for clearance unless otherwise requested. Well, I'm not sure what they are talking about when it comes to clearance issues, and that might have something to with removing the factory trim on the B-pillar, but having the lumbar knob up against the center console doesn't exactly allow for easy adjustments. Definitely not a deal breaker, but something to think about when ordering.

Gotcha, yeah I made a phone call to Corbeau and they mentioned the fitment was only an issue w/ the wide version, Corbeau uses the ball pump inflator so I'd assume isn't as much of a problem in that sense...

Right on though, the seats look great, changes the whole vibe in the interior for sure!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
The correct Trail Ready's showed up last week. IMG_3407.jpg
Can't wait to mount these up!

I also received an update from Dynatrac that my axles have finally been completed. I'm really excited to get these things installed, but honestly had I known they were going to make me wait this long I might have held up on the project and repaired a few things to buy me some time. I mean 7 months for a set of axles is ridiculous..

Anyway, my wife was kind enough to get me a great birthday present for the Jeep! IMG_3419.jpg
I'm really looking forward to installing these.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The correct Trail Ready's showed up last week.
Can't wait to mount these up!

I also received an update from Dynatrac that my axles have finally been completed. I'm really excited to get these things installed, but honestly had I known they were going to make me wait this long I might have held up on the project and repaired a few things to buy me some time. I mean 7 months for a set of axles is ridiculous..

Anyway, my wife was kind enough to get me a great birthday present for the Jeep!
I'm really looking forward to installing these.

WooHoo!! Can't wait to see them installed. Also, way cool of your wife :thumb:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Eff, yeah! I cannot wait to get this project rolling! Honestly, I don't know how you've handled this so calmly. I got pissed with Trail Jeeps when they took 3 weeks for an oil pan skid!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Your going to love the lights I have had them for a year and they are awesome.

Thanks! I have wanted them for a while, can't wait to see how they look.

Eff, yeah! I cannot wait to get this project rolling! Honestly, I don't know how you've handled this so calmly. I got pissed with Trail Jeeps when they took 3 weeks for an oil pan skid!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know I keep saying it, but it shouldn't be much longer now! Trail Jeeps has really been working with me on this whole thing, and I am very grateful for all of the extra's they have thrown in along the way. I could point my finger at them and say this is all their fault, but I have been included in e-mails and honestly I have no clue what is going on with Dynatrac. They have been saying they are almost done for a long time.. Fortunately, I received an email last Wednesday saying that they are finished and ready to ship. So hopefully not much longer.

Badass wheels! :thumb: Looking forward to seeing your axles mounted up.

Thanks! Im really looking forward to getting off-road, its been too long..

Top Bottom