Ultimate Offroad Dynamics Steering

jkris

I don't think anyone is bashing you per say.... just questioning the marketing hype put out by the manufacturer of the product you bought and will review. But I do think if you want to be unbiased in your review you should be a little skeptical of the claims said manufacturer is making. I think, like many who responded, you might have already made up your mind before the review begins. And then it really isn't an unbiased review at that point but rather a soap box for the manufacturers claims. I hope that I am wrong on this as you seem like you might be a nice guy but manufacturers have joined this forum MANY times incognito and pimped their products. So I hope you understand their hesitation and skepticism. Also just to be fair, I don't think this product will prove to be any better than the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Studfam24

I don't think anyone is bashing you per say.... just questioning the marketing hype put out by the manufacturer of the product you bought and will review. But I do think if you want to be unbiased in your review you should be a little skeptical of the claims said manufacturer is making. I think, like many who responded, you might have already made up your mind before the review begins. And then it really isn't an unbiased review at that point but rather a soap box for the manufacturers claims. I hope that I am wrong on this as you seem like you might be a nice guy but manufacturers have joined this forum MANY times incognito and pimped their products. So I hope you understand their hesitation and skepticism. Also just to be fair, I don't think this product will prove to be any better than the rest.

Thank you.
I think simply by design it will be stronger than just a DOM tube, or a solid piece of aluminum.
Whether it will be "better" or not is subjective. Everyone has a reason why they run a product they do. I am particularly partial to synergy products in regards to steering but Synergy doesn't make a product like this. So we shall see...

Build thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=37388

IG @jk_studcon

scull20

1. Materials subject to strains within their elastic range will return back to their original shape once the stress is removed

2. Measuring how "bent" something is in terms of its deflection is a function of the load, the span between supports, the shape of the material and the elastic modulus (stiffness) of the material.

3. If you're going to subject a tube to bending, the majority of the stresses are going to be on the outer extreme "fibers" of the material, in this case the DOM steel tube. For the material inside the tube to have any chance of making any significant resistance to bending it would have to be exponentially stiffer. Generally speaking aluminum is about threeish times less stiff than steel. The aluminum inside the steel does little to nothing to resist bending. It does help tiny bit at reducing the wall of the DOM steel from buckling. However, if your worried about a tie rod/drag link, etc buckling then you've got other problems.

...now where's that used motor oil I stashed in the back of my garage, I've got some underbodies to coat and frames that need treating.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
1. Materials subject to strains within their elastic range will return back to their original shape once the stress is removed

2. Measuring how "bent" something is in terms of its deflection is a function of the load, the span between supports, the shape of the material and the elastic modulus (stiffness) of the material.

3. If you're going to subject a tube to bending, the majority of the stresses are going to be on the outer extreme "fibers" of the material, in this case the DOM steel tube. For the material inside the tube to have any chance of making any significant resistance to bending it would have to be exponentially stiffer. Generally speaking aluminum is about threeish times less stiff than steel. The aluminum inside the steel does little to nothing to resist bending. It does help tiny bit at reducing the wall of the DOM steel from buckling. However, if your worried about a tie rod/drag link, etc buckling then you've got other problems.

...now where's that used motor oil I stashed in the back of my garage, I've got some underbodies to coat and frames that need treating.

Sounds good to me. You must be a structural engineer. [emoji1303]

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

Ryan FTW

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Thank you.
I think simply by design it will be stronger than just a DOM tube, or a solid piece of aluminum.
Whether it will be "better" or not is subjective. Everyone has a reason why they run a product they do. I am particularly partial to synergy products in regards to steering but Synergy doesn't make a product like this. So we shall see...

Build thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=37388

IG @jk_studcon

Interesting thread. Did the manufacturer share a finite element analysis of this product with you? Thats what I would like to see! Being that the area of 1.5x.25 DOM steel tube is greater than the 1.0 aluminum core (just guessing at dimensions) I would think that the aluminum core would offer little resistance to bending. I believe that the area of the aluminum would need to be at least 2x that of the steel to offer a benefit. That being said I could be completely full of shit, because I not about to do the math on it!

Desert Crawler

I've am switching my tie rod to one that is 1.75" diameter solid 7075 T6511 aluminum. It allows more flex and will return to it's original shape better then steel. The product that the OP has may be stronger then just the DOM tubing, but when flexed the DOM tubing will hold it in it's "modified" position.

jk12blk

I've am switching my tie rod to one that is 1.75" diameter solid 7075 T6511 aluminum. It allows more flex and will return to it's original shape better then steel. The product that the OP has may be stronger then just the DOM tubing, but when flexed the DOM tubing will hold it in it's "modified" position.
Did you go with Fusion4x4's steering? Great product with the rare parts cartridges.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That's the one. I didn't mention it because I believe they are on the Wayalife shit list.

Shit list isn't the right term. More like companies who have documented integrity or product issues and there for not recommend on WAYALIFE.

Fusion 4x4 is not one of those companies at this time.

Desert Crawler

Sorry but when someone says "not recommended on this website", I hear "shit list". It has nothing to do with Wayalife or this particular site.

QCTRAV

Sorry but this statement is not correct. I have this steering kit and it works as designed. IF you do end up hitting a rock, it will flex and not break nor will it bend and stay in that position.

Top Bottom