Upcoming Trip: 2015 WAYALIFE New Year Kick Off Run 01/03/15

Wish I could go but we are heading to Tahoe right after Christmas and even though we don't get back until the day before it really leaves no time to rest and prepare. I'll be on the next one for sure.

I hope you all have fun out there so please take lots of pictures so I can see what I'm kidding out on.

Oh and Panda and Crawler Kitty, I'll be over as soon as you guys get back to hear all about it. Fingers crossed that I'll have a few parts to bolt on. Working on a few things to make that happen :D

Wish I could go but we are heading to Tahoe right after Christmas and even though we don't get back until the day before it really leaves no time to rest and prepare. I'll be on the next one for sure.

I hope you all have fun out there so please take lots of pictures so I can see what I'm kidding out on.

Oh and Panda and Crawler Kitty, I'll be over as soon as you guys get back to hear all about it. Fingers crossed that I'll have a few parts to bolt on. Working on a few things to make that happen :D

Maybe I'll see you up in Tahoe!

Eddie my apologies in case the question has already been asked. I'm at a hotel in Dubai on my way home again, and the Internet is slow enough that the posts won't load. But, is this run bone stock JKU capable? I'm picking up a new '15 Rubi while I'm home and am dying to get some awesome trails in before I come back to Kabul in Jan.

Eddie my apologies in case the question has already been asked. I'm at a hotel in Dubai on my way home again, and the Internet is slow enough that the posts won't load. But, is this run bone stock JKU capable? I'm picking up a new '15 Rubi while I'm home and am dying to get some awesome trails in before I come back to Kabul in Jan.

Yup, a bone stock JKU can do this run and barring any unforeseen changes in the weather, in 2WD. I hope you can make it out.

Also, list has been updated!

I've really got to get some new friends so I can put together or join something like this. Safe travels from MS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey Buoys and Gulls....I just returned from doing the Mojave Road, just yesterday, and the water at Afton is doable, but deep. The runs going across the Soda Lake are NOT DO ABLE at this time!! It is very muddy, and will bury your wheels quickly. :eek: I would go out to the highway, and over to Shaw Pass, at Razor road, then jump back on the road and you will be golden. The sand is pretty packed, and we did some pretty high speed fun antics!! Dust was not as bad, and made some nice pictures.

Steve

( unfortunately, I have family coming, and they will be staying at my hacienda for the duration of the trip......WAH!)

Last edited:
Count me and the family in!

You bet! I just got you on the list :thumb:

Hey Buoys and Gulls....I just returned from doing the Mojave Road, just yesterday, and the water at Afton is doable, but deep. The runs going across the Soda Lake are NOT DO ABLE at this time!! It is very muddy, and will bury your wheels quickly. :eek: I would go out to the highway, and over to Shaw Pass, at Razor road, then jump back on the road and you will be golden. The sand is pretty packed, and we did some pretty high speed fun antics!! Dust was not as bad, and made some nice pictures.

Steve

( unfortunately, I have family coming, and they will be staying at my hacienda for the duration of the trip......WAH!)

I appreciate the heads up but, I don't ever recall saying that we would be running the Old Mojave Road. :crazyeyes:

hmmm, I'll be in Utah the week before, the drive south is less than 8 hours.....
this may be a good run before heading back to Texas - maybe list :thumb:

hmmm, I'll be in Utah the week before, the drive south is less than 8 hours.....
this may be a good run before heading back to Texas - maybe list :thumb:

LOL!!! That's a long drive for you for sure but, I hope you can make it.

As of now Mrs.2013rubirick and I are in and will be at Buffalo Bills Friday night. Can't wait.

Awesome! I will add you to the list now. :clap2:

LOL!!! That's a long drive for you for sure but, I hope you can make it.

lol yea but in that 8 hours I'll be traveling out of Utah across Nevada and into California. After living in Tx last 16yrs it seems like a short drive since it takes about 8hrs just to get out of Tx.

Working out the schedule :thumb:

lol yea but in that 8 hours I'll be traveling out of Utah across Nevada and into California. After living in Tx last 16yrs it seems like a short drive since it takes about 8hrs just to get out of Tx.

Working out the schedule :thumb:

I feel ya...after driving to Moab and back (16 each way) this 9hrs won't be "so" awful :cheesy:

Top Bottom